His&Her Geocoin(s)

Hoblik

Any news? Would love to buy them if they´ll be produced.

The problem with the original technology was that it was possible to do few flawless pieces, but did not work for "mass" production. We have done some more samples using other technology, but no real solution yet. There is one more idea though.

Actually, I figured (probably wrongly,) that this coin morphed into the caching on mars geocoin, perhaps to be followed by the caching on venus (men are from mars, women are from venus...soon to be followed by the inlaws are from the 7th planet from the sun. :laughing: )

I hope to be corrected, and see this coin as pictured, become a reality.

ILYK

Actually, I figured (probably wrongly,) that this coin morphed into the caching on mars geocoin, perhaps to be followed by the caching on venus (men are from mars, women are from venus...soon to be followed by the inlaws are from the 7th planet from the sun. :laughing: )

I hope to be corrected, and see this coin as pictured, become a reality.

ILYK

Although using the same symbol, those are different projects ;-) Our dual coin(s) proved to be very tricky. Samples are very nice, but it took 20 attempts to get two sets just perfect. This 10:1 fault ratio illustrates the difficulty of production. Other test produced even less predictible results. We talk to other people to get new production ideas.

Hello everybody. We have tried hard to get these coins produced, but it proved impossible. Lots of quality brass got wasted. But as we like the concept very much, here is a new idea on how to bring the concept of the two "partner" coins traveling together.

Ther idea comes from the Lovers bridge, where lovers come to fasten the lock and then throw the key into the water.

his-her-final-PADLOCK.jpg

You would get two separate coin, small padlock, and keys. You lock the coins together, throw away the key and let the coins travel together... for ever.

What do you think?

Hello everybody. We have tried hard to get these coins produced, but it proved impossible. Lots of quality brass got wasted. But as we like the concept very much, here is a new idea on how to bring the concept of the two "partner" coins traveling together.

Ther idea comes from the Lovers bridge, where lovers come to fasten the lock and then throw the key into the water.

You would get two separate coin, small padlock, and keys. You lock the coins together, throw away the key and let the coins travel together... for ever.

What do you think?

To be honest... eh... I can't see myself rushing out to get it. Maybe the idea will grow on me, but right now, not so much. Doesn't mean others won't like it though.

What do you think?

Too bad the original couldn't get made. Not liking the new idea very much. Sorry.

You had sample pictures so it is obvious that the mints can do it the way you originally wanted. I think you just found out it was gonna be uber expensive.....

The good to bad ratio was probably off the chart. You can make samples....maybe take a few tries at it for that but a production run for something this complex and meeting the quality specs of the creator ...we agree.... you could go to the cleaners real easy!

Edited by JoenSue

how about a simple 3d coin (one piece.)

ILYK

I have a sketch for this kind of solution. Will finish it and share.

Not our particular case or concern, but give a little thought to symbols other than male/female interlocking.

see > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_symbol

With today's open display of non-traditional relationships, the standard male/female interlocked symbols may not find enough interest to be practical, popular or even profitable. It also excludes any/all those who are not in traditional male/female relationships.

The earlier idea of locking 2 together is cool (imho), but it might be a thought to produce a single male, single female which could be sold separately, and a small discount for buying 2 which could be interlocked, or stand alone as gifts, trade coins, etc. That way it leaves the option of male coupled to male (etc) optional. Symbol coins could travel alone ... or together. It actually would allow you to promote the interlocking option as a sales point.

Just my 2c on gender specific coins ... :blink:

Edited by nevadanick

how about a simple 3d coin (one piece.)

ILYK

I have a sketch for this kind of solution. Will finish it and share.

Not our particular case or concern, but give a little thought to symbols other than male/female interlocking.

see > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_symbol

With today's open display of non-traditional relationships, the standard male/female interlocked symbols may not find enough interest to be practical, popular or even profitable. It also excludes any/all those who are not in traditional male/female relationships.

The earlier idea of locking 2 together is cool (imho), but it might be a thought to produce a single male, single female which could be sold separately, and a small discount for buying 2 which could be interlocked, or stand alone as gifts, trade coins, etc. That way it leaves the option of male coupled to male (etc) optional. Symbol coins could travel alone ... or together. It actually would allow you to promote the interlocking option as a sales point.

Just my 2c on gender specific coins ... :blink:

Going off of this idea, we cache as a family. I would think about getting two female and one male to represent myself, my partner, and our daughter.

a la

suvfamilyzoom-lg.jpg

Unless that seems too, uh.... creepy.