"Caching is like a box of chocolates ..."

wenzelbub

Some days ago I was watching "Forrest Gump " on DVD with my girlfriend... and you all know that popular scene Tom Hanks saying

"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

And today I had an idea for a new Geocoin:

chocolatebox_d1.jpg

It's the first draft I drawed last 2 hours.. still need some time to spend in it. May look like a little bit as "Anthus Laptop"

Some fact from my head:

2" x 1,75"

7mm high

transparent color on lid

maybe 3 editions: pink for valentine... black/white for marriage and maybe colorful for birthday ...

What do your think?

Good idea or better stop wasting any time in it?

Please post your feedback, doesn't matter if possitive or negative!

I really like your idea. The only thing, design wise, that popped into my head at the moment is that you could use the geocaching icon in some way, either as a seal or bow. I quickly did this in paint at work, so forgive the ugliness, but I think you will get my point. Also, like the idea of a translucent lid:)

8f55c0ad-6398-44bb-8e5d-f82420fc3eb2.jpg

I really like your idea. The only thing, design wise, that popped into my head at the moment is that you could use the geocaching icon in some way, either as a seal or bow. I quickly did this in paint at work, so forgive the ugliness, but I think you will get my point. Also, like the idea of a translucent lid:)

I had the idea of a bow too but I wasn't able to draw a bowknot :anicute:

Like yours!

To avoid obscurities: The lid is not a suncatcher. It's only recessed filled with transparent color. (because you should not look inside the box ;) )

To avoid obscurities: The lid is not a suncatcher. It's only recessed filled with transparent color. (because you should not look inside the box ;) )

Even better...because like you said, most of them you don't know what you're going to get:)

Also, have you thought of making the box rectangular? Doing this might also help eliminate some of the characteristics of the laptop coin.

Looks like a good project. I like the idea of translucent color for the front cover(Tasty, like a hard candy or cherry filling). I think I also like the idea of moving the tracking number to the bottom of the base. Keeping the tracking instructions and number together on one piece will help avoid confusion, and also make it still trackable if the lid gets seperated.

I would like to see the ammo can made a little bigger. I understand not making them to scale, but the way it is now those two white tubes really dwarf the ammo can...they really pop from the design compared to the other items (probably because of their color).

The two preforms are too big, thats right.. the "nano" too...

I'll probably reduce them by 50% to get some more different cache containers inside the box

Do you know other typical cache containers?

L&L-Box ?

I'm sure lots of people have personal relationships with those *** hollow screw caches... :) Not sure how well they can be represented on your coin, though.

I'll try my best

maybe 3 editions: pink for valentine... black/white for marriage and maybe colorful for birthday ...

Pink for valentine - good.... Black/White for marriage - might be too somber. (I know Tuxedo colors, but it also makes me think of Morticians). Marriage - think Tiffany and their recognizable Blue. And every bride has heard this one: "Something old, something new...something borrowed, something blue.

DocWahala - hopes his wife notices he's trying to be romantic ;)

I like the changes. Is there any way to get the bow to have the G logo as you had in your rough drawing? and there should be another strip of ribbon across the other corner, right?

This is a terrific design! Well done :)

I'm also liking the improvements, however I liked the rectangle more for the overall, and the angle of the words on the inside could be more appealing, like the same angle as the front text. G on the ribbon would be great.

When can we order?

I'll try to finish final artwork till sunday to get a quote next week (and hope the artwork is possible to mint).

If price is ok, I'll give OK for molds and hope to get samples middle of March --> Sale probably middle of April.

Two editions came to my mind so far:

"Sweet Candy": polished nickel + pearl colors

"Dark Temptation": polished gold + brown colors (for chocolate)

any other ideas?