It has been brought to my attention that some of you have another geeky hobby

Matrix

A friend has informed me that there is a post on a certain Astronomical photography forum that concerns geocaching and that there are a number of people who have admitted to doing both anyone want to confess their secret guilty or not :ph34r:

I've got lots of hobbies - some geeky :blink: , and some not so geeky :unsure: .

But astronomy's not one of them :)

I have to confess I have a Meade LX90 GPS 10" scope........ Been into astronomy since I was about 8 years old. I could use the the 'scope GPS to find caches but it is rather heavy....

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

I also have a Meade LX90 but with out a GPS. I have even given a short talk to my astronomy Society Astronomical Society of Haringey http://www.ashastro.org.uk/ on the GPS satellite constellation and Geocaching.

I've come across geocachers that love to look at trains. Others like to dress up as medieval soldiers. Some even collect coins. ;)

But for me...My other hobbies are amateur gastronomy and wine tasting.

A nice glass of red with a bag of chips. Sorted.

1. Trains, yes: http://www.railwayherald.co.uk/imaging.centre/photographers/viewphotographer.php?id=503

2. Dressing up as (Civil War not medieval) soldiers, yes: Pikeman in the Sealed Knot.

3. Coins, no.

Still, two out of three ain't bad (© Meatloaf).

Booze and chips, yes that sound good too.

(I also have a telescope, not as good as those mentioned above).

Edited by The Patrician

Geocaching has been my main obsession for the last 6 years or so, others include my riding 1979 Ducati (Darmah ss)and maintaining it. Rather sadly some might say but I also really enjoy my work and think of it as something of a paid hobby (I design loudspeaker drive units). I got into Geocaching as I like long walks, I am starting to reach my limit of one day walks and planning some overnight ones. Hope to go to Simply Pauls extreme event in Scotland in June (on Eigg) and do a couple of 2-3 day hikes whilst I am there.

I combine caching with my main hobby which is wildlife, birds and insects primarily but anything non-human is of interest. I also used to do taxidermy and have a rather large collection of insects from around the world.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

Is Mrs B ok with this hobby of yours or do you tell her to bug off :lol:

Edited by burtsbodgers

I've yet to meet a campanologist in the flesh, but I hear evidence of their passion on a weekly basis thanks to the vicinity of our local church.

Apparently, Lundy Island is THE place to spot colonies of the Lesser Spotted Campanologist.

MrsB

Oh dear, that's some pretty dreadful press! It's true that bellringers tend to like Lundy, mainly because it's such a peaceful place - the bells on Lundy aren't exactly great so it's not for that reason alone that we go. Lundy is where I found my first cache :)

Oh dear, that's some pretty dreadful press! It's true that bellringers tend to like Lundy, mainly because it's such a peaceful place - the bells on Lundy aren't exactly great so it's not for that reason alone that we go. Lundy is where I found my first cache :)

Lundy does have a lot to answer for, doesn't it. Most of the change-ringers I know who cache, started following a trip there.

I on the other hand, spotted it on Percy's blog (who had indeed been to Lundy)

In addition to ringing I can also add curling to the list of eccentric hobbies.

I know of ringing cachers and of curling cachers but at the moment I think I'm the only one in the Venn diagram of the two.

We currently have way too many hobbies....

Currently, doing our intermediate RSGB licence

Dawn's collecting WAB squares

Fixing up the campervan (a never-ending story)

Gardening / Allotment

Cubs

Lots of other things like Golf that I wish I had more time for, but do try

And somehow, we try and fit camping, geocaching and running a house around this not to mention both working full-time......

Star gazing a little but main hobbies are survival weekends, Thai box, snowboarding, skateboarding (i'm 37 yrs old!), physical training instructor and play the guitar.... Caching is what i fit into in-between hobbies and soon all that will be seriously reduced as my wife and I is expecting a new arrival in 6 weeks :D I know Geocaching wont be reduced as its so accommodating and fits into hectic lifestyles :))))