Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
idajo2

Needed: Southwest Washington CITO SITE!

The Washington State Geocaching Association (WSGA) - Southwest Chapter - will be holding our first 2011 CITO event on Saturday, April 30th - in conjunction with many thousands of geocachers around the world. I had hoped to schedule the "official" CITO/Cache in Trash Out event at the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge; unfortunately, the Refuge will not be scheduling volunteer activities in April and May so another location is being sought. If you have a location suggestion (park/trail system/lake/campground/recreation/river area) that could benefit from an enthusiastic group of volunteer geocachers who will gladly help with clean-up, restoration and/or rehabilitation PLEASE let me know and we can go from there. It's important to remember that we need to collaborate with organizations/landowners/overseers in order to schedule an event - suggestions are encouraged as soon as possible!!

Many of our local cachers have hides located in southwestern Washington parks/woodland areas/river or lake locations and have noticed adjacent areas that really could use some clean-up/fix-up help. CITO events are one way geocachers can say "thanks" for the fun we have!

Many thanks!

Jo / idajo2

WSGA Southwest Chapter Representative

Southwest Washington CITO site FOUND. Once details are finalized, I'll post additional information.

Jo / idajo2