Confusion logging a GeoGem that was marked as lost

Rckhnd

Yesterday I found a GeoGem that was marked as lost. I found it in a completely different area than it was last logged in. Looking at the map associated with this gem, it only has had two stops. When I logged it as 'Found in a different location', there were no provisions that I could see to document the cache that I retrieved it from. I'm making a road trip plan for next week just so I can place this gem and get it moving again, but I also fail to see just where I can log it as to what cache I will place it in.

This is my first time doing a trackable. I have read the 'Trackables' page more than once, but there is no mention that I can find of how to mark the locations. I also found a pathtag yesterday that I need to log, but they don't seem to be in the GC database. I guess I will have to log into pathtag.com for that, but for now, I want to get the GeoGem figured out first.

So, How do I log the locations so that they will show up on the maps?

If I understand your situation correctly....

You cannot log that you retrieved it from a cache unless it's actually listed IN the cache.

Once you have the TB in your online inventory, when you find a new cache it will give you the option to drop the TB to the cache page. But you won't see that until you go to log a cache.

If I understand your situation correctly....

You cannot log that you retrieved it from a cache unless it's actually listed IN the cache.

Once you have the TB in your online inventory, when you find a new cache it will give you the option to drop the TB to the cache page. But you won't see that until you go to log a cache.

That clarifies things a bit. It's a shame it hasn't been logged before though.

I found this in a cache about 20 miles from it's last known location. In my log though, I did state what cache it was retrieved from so the owner will know what happened to their lost puppy.

I think from now on, I will pick up all trackables I come across. I didn't know they could be lost so easily.

Thx!

I found my answer here!

http://support.Groun...g=kb.book&id=10

under heading 3.2 fixing trackable history

I resubmitted my log and 'dropped it' there.

Correct, just dip the bug in the cache you found it in with an note to correct it's mileage then move it along, glad you found your answer.

Yeah! It was a little nerve wracking for a newb to try to edit, delete, update, regrab..... But I think the logs are all okay now with the excess baggage removed. Man! I was starting to sweat bullets over how such a simple task can get so convoluted! But the world is whole again and now I can sleep... with a little more experience under my belt