Travel Bug transport from/to Alaska.

Captain Kris

I'll be doing some practicing around town shortly so I will be all set to do some caching as I head down the AlCan highway to Whistler BC for a vacation the week of May 20th.

If any bugs are looking to hitch a ride back to Alaska, I'm going to make a concerted effort to be at Plantman_Geocache#9 near Whistler MT that week to drop off any bugs that stick their thumbs out in Anchorage or near Tok just before I head out.

I am heading to Anchorage, Alaska as well in August 2002 (real theme developing here) and plan to hunt and place caches as well.

If your travel bug wants to go Alaska via San Francisco, send 'em my way. All the bug needs to do is get within 2 hours of San Francisco before August 2002 and I'll make the trek to grab him.

Feel free to email me as well about it.

I've just started geocaching (well, bought the GPS but haven't had the oppertunity to find a cache yet) and would LOVE to help a travel bug get up the the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska. I'm visiting my family here in Washington in the Skagit Valley and hope to finally go out to get my first caches tomorrorw. I looked for bugs nearby, but the only one that's easy enough for myself and my 13 1/2 mo. old to go get is restricted to stay in the North West. icon_frown.gif

If anyone has a bug that would like a free trip up to the Last Frontier, please give me a shout (mommadog75@hotmail.com) or reply here. I'm here in NW Washington until April 29th.

I've just started geocaching (well, bought the GPS but haven't had the oppertunity to find a cache yet) and would LOVE to help a travel bug get up the the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska. I'm visiting my family here in Washington in the Skagit Valley and hope to finally go out to get my first caches tomorrorw. I looked for bugs nearby, but the only one that's easy enough for myself and my 13 1/2 mo. old to go get is restricted to stay in the North West. icon_frown.gif

If anyone has a bug that would like a free trip up to the Last Frontier, please give me a shout (mommadog75@hotmail.com) or reply here. I'm here in NW Washington until April 29th.

Yup, Team Golden: you could, say, mail a bug to me (or whoever) and you/we could start it's journey in whatever cache I find in Alaska that seems appropriate. This sort of "hand-off" or "grabbing" of a bug in order to start it somewhere specific has been done before.