February Photo Competition

Wow! How exciting! I can't believe we won last month's competition, thank you currykev.

So here goes!

The rules are similar to those used in previous months.....

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache, caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Two photos per caching team or cacher. (Maybe 3 if you really have an extra pic that's great!)

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme* if they wish.

5) Photos should be recent. Higher credit will be given to photos taken in the current month.

6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

If you haven't already uploaded a photo, a good tip might be to upload to one of your log entries (it can just be 'post a note'). Then, display the photo and copy the URL to provide a link to the post. If it's not actually relevant to the cache you've used, delete the note and the photo - the URL will still work. On this forum, add a reply and click the small green tree icon above the text box and paste in your URL.[/font]

Happy caching and happy snapping folks!

Edited by zarbi&zarbibird

Welcome :)

5) "Photos should be recent. Higher credit will be given to photos taken in the current month."

In my opinion, I think last weekend, or even anytime throughout January, would be fine. Nobody's had their photo contribution deleted as yet :lol: It's mostly a competition for fun, to enjoy everyone's caching exploits.

MrsB

851be96a-878b-438b-8369-1ce20b1ae97f.jpg

Found hanging onto GCKFD4 3 trees (Essex)

No slugs were harmed in the taking of this picture

My goodness what were they on, is that an ammo box :blink:

Yes, they were under the clasp of an ammo box, they gave me a bit of a surprise!

P.S. I would only confirm that in public as the cache page has images of the container.

Edited by Andy K!

Just thought I'd try add a photo but cannot see how to attach it to the message.

Something about a http:???? Any help here please?

Charlie

Hi, Charlie. If you upload a photo to a cache log, the http info that the 'Insert image' button asks for when making a post here will be the http link at the top of your sceen when looking at your uploaded photo in the cache log. Hope that makes sense, I am not the best to explain.

From near GC2NK99 yesterday. Now I have animal ones, but too late for last month:

2ee998db-f991-4600-bc40-58b720e706af.jpg

This is one I took from near the cache of Horsing Around (GC225GV). I didn't realise there was a footpath running along nearby, so gues where I parked? Yep, that little red car at the top of the hill. The walk down wasn't too bad, but the walk back up again made the leg muscles burn.

b57ecd56-44a5-4d0f-a03f-40a88286e102.jpg

And this one is The Lady of the Woods. (GC1DH2X)

The cache description tells how it is thought that she came to be there.

72f19a48-ee0f-4d94-9ac8-c56f78f6915b.jpg

My first entry in one of these comps. It's more appropriate for lasts months but I only took it yesterday.

I found this smooth newt (pretty sure it's not a palmate) in the middle of the track on the way up to Bloody Bush Toll Pillar in Northumberland.

It was a welcome distraction in a day with 18+ miles of walking.

5476685243_b775b0033f.jpg

It looks like a bit of a monster but was only about 7cm long

Edited by duncanhoyle

My first entry in one of these comps. It's more appropriate for lasts months but I only took it yesterday.

I found this smooth newt (pretty sure it's not a palmate) in the middle of the track on the way up to Bloody Bush Toll Pillar in Northumberland.

It was a welcome distraction in a day with 18+ miles of walking.

5476685243_b775b0033f.jpg

It looks like a bit of a monster but was only about 7cm long

7cm long - thats myNEWT

Edited by DivingDJ

Well, we never thought it would be THIS hard to judge the competition! There are some amazing pictures....how to choose? Well, here goes.....

burtsbodgers photo at dawn/dusk shows a lovely coloured sky with an interesting castle.

Andy K!'s slug photo is ermmmm, well......zarbi thinks it would be worthy of the BBC special effects department and zarbibird is just pleased she didn't find that cache!

GeoFamilyCharles's beautiful waterfall just makes us want to visit Scotland and see it for ourselves.

markandlynn have taken such a nice picture of that lovely winter (oak?) tree on a cold crisp day.

Smithbat's picture shows a lovely fusion of architecture and nature combined (ooer, are we getting above ourselves here?!)

Senganku has shown us all where we need to avoid going! It made us titter!

Gackt's photo had us disputing whether it's a puddle or a pond. Whatever it is, the reflection of the trees and the distant bridge make an interesting picture. The peacock one is beautiful, really shows the length of that amazing tail.

reddeeps photo of the swan and cygnet makes us glad we are not them, brrrr, it looks so cold! The lovely clear water of the next picture looked good enough to drink !

Nick & Ali's pigeon picture was a hit with zarbibird, she always thinks they are unappreciated birds that are all so different if you just take the time to look at them. The cheeky blackbird photo looks like it should be an alternative to the Christmas card robin!

Nice photo by rickardclan (welcome!), another cold and vaguely spooky one. The watery one made us feel pleased to be in our warm house! The ladder and mooring ropes photo was another interesting composition.

What lovely colours and such a clear photo by Inukshuk. It made us look up the cache to find out where it was.

The incredible colours and content of maiawalli's silhouette photo made us laugh. Such a different photo. The limekiln photo has a stark beauty all it's own.

A lovely sunny photo from Sorarse looked like just the right sort weather we like for caching. The statue of the lady in the woods looks beautiful, we're going to try to do that cache soon so that we can see it.

We loved duncanhoyle's photo of the newt. He's just like a little dinosaur, lovely!

And finally, the photo by I! We'd have loved to go along to the otter's tea party. Can't imagine an otter drinking cups of tea!

Thanks to everybody who put their photos in. And so.....to the winner. In third place, GeoFamilyCharles's waterfall, in second place, Inukshuk's tudor style house and in first place maiawalli's amazing silhouette. Congratulations maiawalli! :) Over to you!

The winning picture is such a cracker and was taken at one of my caches. But why is it not posted along with your log? Such a shame not to show a great picture like that with your find.

But it is!! (We just uploaded it...)

It was taken with our SLR and we logged the cache from our phone,and simply forgot. We've remedied it now.