Pirated Geocache.com labels, pads, paraphernalia?

Rckhnd

I'm surfing eBay looking for ideas for fun cache containers and I stumble across a whole lot of GC.com stuff with the trademark logos and website name. Is this sanctioned? I'm wanting to put stuff together for a cache, and I'm considering putting a Travel Bug Decal on my rig.

I thought the bar coded travel bug decal was only available through GC, but there is a seller out there who seems to be selling anything I can find to buy here. I haven't compared prices to see if she buys it then resells it, but if she is a sanctioned seller of GC merchandise, shouldn't it be stated on her sales pitches?

I'm surfing eBay looking for ideas for fun cache containers and I stumble across a whole lot of GC.com stuff with the trademark logos and website name. Is this sanctioned? I'm wanting to put stuff together for a cache, and I'm considering putting a Travel Bug Decal on my rig.

I thought the bar coded travel bug decal was only available through GC, but there is a seller out there who seems to be selling anything I can find to buy here. I haven't compared prices to see if she buys it then resells it, but if she is a sanctioned seller of GC merchandise, shouldn't it be stated on her sales pitches?

Not sure, and I haven't searched for "Geocaching" on Ebay in ages until just now. I do know this 100 "easy to hide" micro container seller needs to be banned though. :lol:

Not sure, and I haven't searched for "Geocaching" on Ebay in ages until just now. I do know this 100 "easy to hide" micro container seller needs to be banned though. :lol:

Look here for example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Groundspeak-Geocaching-Travel-Bug-New-Unactivated-/190496534442?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5a7a6faa

Maybe they're an official distributor.

That's an impressive list, I had no idea....

Still, wouldn't the items have fixed prices instead of being auctioned?

Oh well, if there is no issue here, I'll shop around for deals...

Now that TPTB have been notified through this thread, I have little doubt that they will contact ebay and have the auctions shut down if those items shouldn't be sold.

Now that TPTB have been notified through this thread, I have little doubt that they will contact ebay and have the auctions shut down if those items shouldn't be sold.

I know what you mean. 100 "easy to hide micro geocache containers". Can you believe that? There oughtta be a law. :mad:

I know what you mean. 100 "easy to hide micro geocache containers". Can you believe that? There oughtta be a law. :mad:

:laughing:

I don't think Groundspeak puts any stipulations on what you can charge for an item, you pay their wholesaler cost, what you do in makeup is your choice. Only large companies like Apple do fixed pricing.

As a side note this works great for those items they sell at mall kiosks, had a girlfriend who wants some ceramic hair straightener that was $189 at the mall. Went on Ebay and got the same thing (brand, size, color, etc.) for $100 less.

Actually I just came across one of those exact containers. I wasn't a hard find but man you could make it tough :blink:

I don't mean to cause thread necro, but I found this post while looking for a stack of those plastic containers. I needed to know why the seller should be banned for selling them before I buy. Is there a cheaper place to get them, or is there something wrong with him selling them?

That was a joke. Though I suspect Mr. Yuck and others wouldn't be unhappy if there really is a law against those hides...

Cheaper, probably. But how many thousands do you want to get? briansnat might have provided a link in the past. I think some call them "cryo tubes".

They're not particularly water tight and it can be annoying removing the log from it unless you have tweezers / pliers. One way I've seen them used is stuck into one of the holes on the side of a square sign post - the ones with holes on all 4 sides.

Look here for example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Groundspeak-Geocaching-Travel-Bug-New-Unactivated-/190496534442?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5a7a6faa

Yeah, in looking at the link above, there's a gal selling TB decals that it looks like she's cutting herself (you provide the number you want on the decal, and then she cuts one for you). Attractive price, except I think those are trademarked aren't they? Not sure she should be reprinting those unless she's with Groundspeak...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Trackable-Travel-Bug-Window-Decal-Sticker-Geocaching_W0QQitemZ190516149398QQcategoryZ149941QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D9%26pmod%3D190496534442%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8021863384144276584

Look here for example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2c5a7a6faa

Yeah, in looking at the link above, there's a gal selling TB decals that it looks like she's cutting herself (you provide the number you want on the decal, and then she cuts one for you). Attractive price, except I think those are trademarked aren't they? Not sure she should be reprinting those unless she's with Groundspeak...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...863384144276584

Well, it turns out she's an authorized dealer and I just recently got one of her large Logo decals for my truck. She even tossed in a little swag for me. ^_^