Screen Refresh GPSMap 60CSx

I was out caching yesterday and noticed a peculiar behavior on my refurb I received from Garmin. In the map screen, the text at the top changes but the screen doesn't refresh. It appears as though I am standing still. I had a lot of topo maps loaded. Went in and unchecked them in Setup Map. That doesn't appear to help the matter.

Thanks in advance.

I was out caching yesterday and noticed a peculiar behavior on my refurb I received from Garmin. In the map screen, the text at the top changes but the screen doesn't refresh. It appears as though I am standing still. I had a lot of topo maps loaded. Went in and unchecked them in Setup Map. That doesn't appear to help the matter.

Thanks in advance.

There are several things you could try:

1) Try going to the maps setup page on the map tile options page (the page where you can tick and un-tick individual map tiles), press menu and select disable all, enable the basemap and see if it works, then try enabling each map one by one to see if it is a particular map.

2) Try reinstalling the maps on the SD card.

3) Try doing a master reset on the gps (backup all your waypoints, routes, tracks, etc. first). Google it to find out how.

Are you using Garmin or third party maps?

Hope you manage to fix the problem. :)

Thanks in advance.

If your maps are installed on an SD card, I would first simply just remove the SD card so it only has the ROM Basemap available, and see if it still occurs. If it goes away, then it's something with your installed maps. Try installing only one set at a time on the SD card.

Sometimes disabling a map doesn't completely 'disable it' - for instance the device will still search POI's from disabled maps.