Mehndi Mandala Geocoin

CW88

The coins will go on sale this Saturday (14th), around 7pm Central European Time (GMT+1) from here.

Invoices will be sent out today or tomorrow to the people who took part in the cointest and have replied so far.

There should be 8-10 of most versions up for sale, but the Antique Silver is down to about 5, and the Black Nickel and Antique Silver Summer Sunset coins are all gone now apart from the 2 on ebay.

Begging help from people who are more clock knowledgeable than I....

I live in Idaho in the U.S. and we are on Mountain time which is GMT -7, so 7p.m. CET is equal to 11 a.m. US Mountain time?

The coins will go on sale this Saturday (14th), around 7pm Central European Time (GMT+1) from here.

Invoices will be sent out today or tomorrow to the people who took part in the cointest and have replied so far.

There should be 8-10 of most versions up for sale, but the Antique Silver is down to about 5, and the Black Nickel and Antique Silver Summer Sunset coins are all gone now apart from the 2 on ebay.

Begging help from people who are more clock knowledgeable than I....

I live in Idaho in the U.S. and we are on Mountain time which is GMT -7, so 7p.m. CET is equal to 11 a.m. US Mountain time?

Just checked and Idaho is 8 hours behind here, so yes that should be 11am there.

I'll try to post a message on here an hour or two before I put them up.

Edited by CW88

Friday the 13th was a very lucky day for me, as I found a much-anticipated mailer in my mailbox--yes, it was my Mehndi Mandala Peacock Splendor, even more captivating than I imagined! It's delightful from every angle, & the gem on top is the perfect finishing touch. Thank you so much for the cointest & the prize, CW88, your design is wonderful! Can't wait to receive the others!

Friday the 13th was a very lucky day for me, as I found a much-anticipated mailer in my mailbox--yes, it was my Mehndi Mandala Peacock Splendor, even more captivating than I imagined! It's delightful from every angle, & the gem on top is the perfect finishing touch. Thank you so much for the cointest & the prize, CW88, your design is wonderful! Can't wait to receive the others!

Glad you like it and it arrived ok :) .

All the other coins were sent out yesterday.

Woo-hoo, I purchased two!! Very excited!

I forgot to ask about VAT. Are you not adding it except for people who have to pay it, or are you subtracting it for those of us who do not have to pay it?

Thank you for making this coin!! I am so looking forward to receiving it!

I almost missed out! :yikes:

I was on the PC waiting for a couple of hours to pass before the sale started, so I decided to upgrade my HTC Phone ROM... I got so involved in it, that when I glanced down at the clock I almost freaked! 02:33am eeep, as luck would have it there were still two versions left in the store. But at $26 AUD each I'm glad there was only two versions left, my wallet is in shock :laughing:

Woo-hoo, I purchased two!! Very excited!

I forgot to ask about VAT. Are you not adding it except for people who have to pay it, or are you subtracting it for those of us who do not have to pay it?

Thank you for making this coin!! I am so looking forward to receiving it!

My antique copper coin came in today and it's a beauty, nice job Chris on the design! I wish I could have bought more.

It's nice and hefty in weight, it won't fit in a binder though ;) These would look great in a display case.

I hope to try and get the antique silver and Keewee version somewhere down the road.

tsun

Glad to see some have started arriving :D

I've had a couple of messages about people not getting all the coins yet, and just wanted to say again that only 2 coins would fit per envelope, so if more than 2 were ordered they will have been sent in multiple envelopes. All the coins were sent at the same time so if part of your order didn't arrive yet, it should hopefully get there within a couple of days of the other one.

I soooo need one of these coins...any one of them. At the time of the sale, I simply couldn't afford :sad: If anybody has one for sale or trade, please let me know? Thanks!

I'm thinking about doing a remint with a few new versions.

Still waiting to get the quote, but if I do go ahead with them they'll probably take a couple of months to get made.

I did share this on the facebook group a few days ago, but this is one of the new versions I want to get sampled.

midnight%20sapphiresmll.jpg

Still waiting to get the quote, but if I do go ahead with them they'll probably take a couple of months to get made.

I did share this on the facebook group a few days ago, but this is one of the new versions I want to get sampled.

Count me in for one -at least one- of these beautiful new versions, specially this one in blue!

Edited by manu luq

I soooo need one of these coins...any one of them. At the time of the sale, I simply couldn't afford :sad: If anybody has one for sale or trade, please let me know? Thanks!

Count me in too, this is great. I love blue and black. :)

Definitely count me in! These are beautiful!!

A few people have sent messages about some still waiting to arrive, or only having part of their order arrive.

All the ones bought from my online store were sent out on the 16th and 17th of January, and any bought on ebay would have been sent either the 16th-17th too, or 23rd to 24th.

I think all of them were sent from France (maybe a couple from Switzerland) and the majority of coins I send seem to take 2-4 weeks to arrive, but can sometimes take longer (even when sent priority mail).

I'm never really sure how consistent their shipping speed is though because one to the US arrived in 8 days, and then one to Germany which is just one country over took 3 weeks to arrive (even some from France to Switzerland took a little over 2 weeks to arrive).

I had the same problem with my first 'Something Fishy' geocoin, where some arrived and then about 6 weeks later they all started to arrive, and then the same with a few of my other coins.

So I'm hoping they are just delayed and not actually lost. As far as I know all coins I've sent in the past have eventually arrived, apart from one where the envelope had ripped - but since then I've packaged them much better.

Really sorry for the delay if they haven't arrived yet, but I'm hoping they will arrive soon. I am going to be doing a remint now with a few of the same versions as before and some new versions, so if people still don't recieve the coins they had ordered by the time I get those I can send replacements. I'll also try and make sure to have a registered/trackable option for postage for the next lot, but when I had looked before it was quite expensive for most palces.

Edited by CW88

Yes I'm one of those waiting for the single coin package, funny how the heavier mailer took less time. Oh well they do get hung up in the mail sometimes, will keep you posted.

Good news... No Great news :D the third coin arrived today in a heavy plastic bag from Canada Post with an apology that my letter was found damaged in the mainstream (? :huh: ) Anyway the coin is fine and in its original packaging maybe it was the brown tape around the mailer that made them think it was damaged or (and here I'm guessing) it appeared as if possible the label was ripped off but if that is true then someone printed my name and address in black ink.

Anyway all is good thanks for the lovely coins B)

Yay!

coins 2 and 3 turned up, must be at least 2 weeks after the first coin arrived, that's is a big gap for packages sent

at the same time. Postal services around the world are so flaky. I'm glad they made it, as they look so good.

Thanks CW88 for taking the time and effort to create what no doubt will become one of the classics in geocoins. :D

Now if my other big order from another vendor paid for last year ever gets posted I'll be a happy camper :yikes:

Cheers

Had some new samples turn up today :D

Green/Antique Bronze, Antique Bronze, Blue/Antique Silver, Blue/Black Nickel

(some larger photos of each can be found on facebook)

new%20samples.jpg

I'll probably be ordering these as well as some of the previous versions soon - just need to figure out how many of each to get.

And I'll post some more updates here and on facebook about when they will be available, and hopefully most if not all the previous ones sent out have arrived by now.