Mehndi Mandala Geocoin

CW88

Heard that everything for these coins were somehow lost, so think it all has to be redone.

So it will still be a while till these coins will be ready.

Everything...!, what you mean with everything?

I was told the mold and I guess everything else they had worked on was lost.

Not sure how, but hopefully it can all be redone a bit quicker than before.

Luckily I had my 11-11-11 coins on the go at the same time so have just ordered the first lot of those.

Hard to get good photos of a few of them, and not sure if I like them all (might change the metal finish on a few as the black nickel is a bit dark).

These will probably come out towards the end of the year as I want to make sure I get the 11-11-11 Suncatchers all made and sent out, but for now here are all the samples.

Antique Copper

Copper.jpg

White/ Black Nickel (might change this to another all antique version)

white.jpg

Summer Sunset/ Black Nickel (will probably change the metal finish)

sunset.jpg

Rainbow/Black Nickel

rainbow.jpg

Double Delight/ Black Nickel

pink.jpg

Warm Lime/ Black Nickel

pickle.jpg

Peacock Splendor/ Black Nickel

blackpeackock.jpg

Peacock Splendor/ Antique Bronze (like this peacock version the most. **Colours on the back are wrong - mixed up with the Kiwi Quake Fundraiser below.)

bronzepeacock.jpg

Kiwi Quake Fundraiser/ Antique Silver (supposed to be Black Nickel but like how it turned out)

NZKiwi.jpg

Christchurch Quake Fundraiser/ Black Nickel (Supposed to be Antique Silver)

NZversion2.jpg

Hard to get good photos of a few of them, and not sure if I like them all (might change the metal finish on a few as the black nickel is a bit dark).

These will probably come out towards the end of the year as I want to make sure I get the 11-11-11 Suncatchers all made and sent out, but for now here are all the samples.

Antique Copper

Copper.jpg

White/ Black Nickel (might change this to another all antique version)

white.jpg

Summer Sunset/ Black Nickel (will probably change the metal finish)

sunset.jpg

Rainbow/Black Nickel

rainbow.jpg

Double Delight/ Black Nickel

pink.jpg

Warm Lime/ Black Nickel

pickle.jpg

Peacock Splendor/ Black Nickel

blackpeackock.jpg

Peacock Splendor/ Antique Bronze (like this peacock version the most. **Colours on the back are wrong - mixed up with the Kiwi Quake Fundraiser below.)

bronzepeacock.jpg

Kiwi Quake Fundraiser/ Antique Silver (supposed to be Black Nickel but like how it turned out)

NZKiwi.jpg

Christchurch Quake Fundraiser/ Black Nickel (Supposed to be Antique Silver)

NZversion2.jpg

Those are awesome, great job!

tsun

Good to see people like them.

It was a bit hard trying to imagine how they'd look with the layered design, but I think they came out better than I hoped.

I'll make a few changes to a couple, but otherwise I think most of them look how they are.

I'll also try and upload some bigger and better photos in the next few days, but the black nickel versions are hard to get good photos of because they are quite shiny.

And depending on how the first ones do I might get another 100 made with some other versions (probably next year).

Here's a photo comparing the thickness to my 3mm thick 11-11-11 Suncatcher.

thickness.jpg

It's been a while but I'm hoping to order these in the next few weeks.

I'm only going to get 8 of the versions made for now, and have made a few changes to a couple of them.

And right now I'm only planning on 100 coins, with either 5, 10 or 15 being made of each version, but may get another lot made early next year.

I'm not going to do any reservations just yet as I'm not sure of the final cost, and would prefer to wait until I've recieved the coins since I didn't hear back from a lot of people on my last reservation list.

Hopefully they'll be available before the end of the year, and will update here and the facebook group on the progress of the coins.

I ordered the coins a few weeks ago - but am sure they'll take a bit longer than most coins to get made and arrive here.

Just wanted to let people know I'll be listing the Black Nickel Peacock Splendor sample coin (non trackable) on ebay later today, to hopefully help cover some of the sample costs of a new 3D coin I've just started working on. The final Peacock Splendor coins are only going to be in Antique Bronze so this'll be the only black nickel version available - it should be up around 6 or 7pm UK time (unless I forget) to finish next weekend if anyone is interested in it.

Just another update:

I was meant to be getting the coins about now, but was told the factories internal courier somehow lost the shipment :(

So once again they all have to be redone, and will still be a few more weeks before I get them - hopefully by Christmas.

Since I haven't had much luck with these so far I'm probably not going to have more made, but will wait and see how they turn out first.

I'll probably also be listing the Christchurch Edition sample coin on ebay this weekend for 7 days.

This version isn't one of the 100 being made, so is also one of a kind. And again am selling it to raise a bit of money for my next 3D coin.

Hi all,

I was the lucky winner of the ebay auction for the Christchurch Quake Fundraiser/ Black Nickel sample, and I received the coin today. It is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it!! I'm so happy that I want to share some pictures with you all :D :D

The photos were taken with artificial light, so the contrasts and light reflections are exaggerated. The several levels are extremely well balances and the result when you have the coin in your hand is astonishing! I'm very, very happy to be the owner of this coin :D

And now some photos:

IMG_1228%252520%252528Small%252529.jpgIMG_1223%252520%252528Small%252529.jpg

IMG_1227%252520%252528Small%252529.jpgIMG_1220%252520%252528Small%252529.jpg

I've heard the coins are now ready, and should be shipped to me within the next few days.

There's been about 3 feet of snow here recently so hopefully they get here ok - and hopefully it won't cause too much of a delay once I start sending them out.

When I get them it might take a few days for me to check them and take new photos, but will let you know when they should be ready for sale.

I'll try to give priority to those that took part in the cointest, and might need to get the winners' addresses again if I can't find them.

A box full of coins arrived this morning :D

I've only opened a few of each, but so far they look good.

I need to get some small bags/pouches for them so will be a few more days until they go on sale, but I should get those by next week.

Will upload some photos of them over the next few days.

Will still be a few days before they go on sale, but for now here are all the final versions together.

Row 1: Summer Sunset (Black Nickel) x5, Summer Sunset (Antique Silver)x5, Psycho Rainbow x 15, Warm Lime x15

Row 2: Kiwi x5, Peacock Splendor x15, Antique Silver x10

Row 3: Antique Copper x15, Double Delight x15

mandalas.jpg

They will be £15 each which I know is quite a lot, but these were quite expensive and complicated to make.

The details on them in case people didn't see before are: 100 coins, 2 inches in diameter, 10mm thick with gem, soft & hard enamels, and all trackable with icon.

mandala%2032x32%20icon.jpgmandala%2016x16%20icon.jpg

I was first going to offer them to the people that took part in the cointest - so will try and contact them in the next few days (but will have to limit everyone to 1 per version for now).

Then the rest will go up on my online store and at least one of each on ebay (maybe this weekend).

If there is lots of interest in these I might do another 100: mostly of my versions, probably 1-2 new versions, and maybe 5-10 more of each of the cointest versions (as I'd originally wanted 20-25 of each but ended up picking extra winners).

I'm still waiting to get some velvet bags for them as they are too thick to fit in the regular protective sleeves easily, and only came in small ziploc bags.

I should get those in the next few days so once those arrive I'll let you know when they will be in my online store.

I'll also post that info on my facebook group too: CW88's Geocoins

I've now listed one of each version on ebay ending next week.

I'll contact the rest of the people who entered the cointest tomorrow, but after contacting a few people I'm now down to one last Black Nickel Summer Sunset coin.

I never heard back from Keewee, so I'm also going to only be listing the Kiwi Fundraiser versions on ebay, with at least 10% being donated to the New Zealand Red Cross. But the higher it goes for the more I'll be able to donate.

The coins will go on sale this Saturday (14th), around 7pm Central European Time (GMT+1) from here.

Invoices will be sent out today or tomorrow to the people who took part in the cointest and have replied so far.

There should be 8-10 of most versions up for sale, but the Antique Silver is down to about 5, and the Black Nickel and Antique Silver Summer Sunset coins are all gone now apart from the 2 on ebay.