Mehndi Mandala Geocoin

CW88

*Edit* I noticed that when uploading my pictures, the colours get all dulled down. I changed the uploading place and it is much better. May I repost my two previous entries to show the real colours? I can't edit them anymore...

Yes, It's fine to repost or fix up any earlier entries if you want.

Here's my Spring Lotus version. This is shown on Matte Gold with Light Rose gem. My Photoshop ability held me back so use your imagination. I think it would be equally nice in Satin Silver.

I struggled with the coloring of the metal on this version. If you've got an Avroair 2010 Aviator in Satin Silver, you can see that white works well on Satin Gold - better than it appears in my drawing. And the various levels would really add too.

My attempts to show Satin Silver failed. But if you've got a Satin Silver Team Boykin kitty to look at, you know white works well on Satin Silver and is a really cool combination.

Very different than other versions, I know!, but I like it, so here it is

MehndiMandelaGoldLotus.jpg?t=1298566614

*Edit* I noticed that when uploading my pictures, the colours get all dulled down. I changed the uploading place and it is much better. May I repost my two previous entries to show the real colours? I can't edit them anymore...

I wondered about this - I'm just using photobucket. Did you find something free that works well?

I wondered about this - I'm just using photobucket. Did you find something free that works well?

No, sorry... I was using Webshots, but it seems like it eats my colors. So I re-uploaded them directly in one of my website's sub-folder. It's not like I'm missing space there!

Thanks for allowing me te repost my previous entries :

Lady Rose edition

mandala-cointest-rose.jpg

Jewel of the Waves edition

mandala-cointest-wave.jpg

And today's entry will be a crazy one : the Psycho Rainbow!

mandala-cointest-rainbow.jpg

Edited by mar-elendili

Wow, wow, wow! There's no way I could choose only 2 versions. This coin lends itself so well to different color schemes.

I was thinking if this coin is popular enough for a remint, I'll do all new versions using some of my other favourite entries because a lot of them would look good.

It was fun seeing all the different versions everyone came up with. Will definitely like to do more cointests in future, and think I've finally picked the winners.

It was hard to narrow them down from around 40 entries to just 2, so in the end I picked 4 as I couldn't narrow them down any more.

So there are now 4 winning versions - and instead of 20 of each version being made there will be 15 of each.

And could the winners send me a message sometime with their address.

Here are the winning versions (hopefully you can see them) which I will also be posting on my Facebook page soon:

Cointest%20Winners.jpg

'Double Delight' by Acasim

'Peacock Splendor' by GoldBugGirl (with slight combination of both peacock versions for outer blue section)

'Psycho Rainbow' by Mar-Elendili

'Warm Lime' also by Acasim

I'd also like to try the Peacock version on Black Nickel too and see how that looks:

peacock%20black.jpg

I really liked a lot of the other designs, so if this coin is popular enough and I can afford a remint,

I'll do all new versions using some of my other favourite entries (and those people would get a free coin of their version).

Wow!! I feel really honored with your choice :D :D

And congratulations to GoldBugGirl and Mar-Elendili for their winning versions :)

This is a wonderful design, full of details that may be colored in a million different ways, so I didn't resist in giving it a try. And I had a lot of pleasure doing that! I also enjoyed a lot looking at all the other proposals that kept flowing in the thread. So thank you for running this cointest - it was wonderful!

I think that now, and every day, I'll be thinking of when we'll be able to see all these beauties made live :lol:

Sweet! With so many outstanding entries, I'm delighted to be chosen to share this honor with Acasim & Mar-elendili! Thank you so much, CW88, for this cointest. Your design proved to be amazingly versatile--each version shines with its own special charm. I enjoyed planning my color schemes, & got some valuable experience using Photoshop. Looking forward to holding my version of your awesome design in my hand!

Congratulations to the winners, but... only 15 coins of each?, will be very difficult to get one, ... how, when, where? :unsure:

And yours, which are finally minted?, ...when will they be available?

Was thinking about the 15 of each not being very much, but that already makes 60 out of the 100 and I still have 3 of my own versions which quickly make up the rest of the 100. And these ones are quite expensive to get done so can only afford to get 100 right now.

I'll see what the samples are like and maybe reduce the antique copper and black/white versions a bit more to allow a few more of the colourful versions. If some of the versions are popular enough I might get more made in future, along with some of the other ones from the cointest.

Hopefully I can get samples in the next few weeks and if all goes well, will order the 100 after that.

I'll start reservations once the samples arrive and then if there are extras I'll put them on my online store.

Wow, one of my entries made it to the final cut? I'm so honored!

That your coin got that many different versions proves that the design is a good one, perfect to suit anyone's mood and taste. I sense a best-seller there!

And congrats to Acasim and GoldBugGirl for their winning color themes as well, they're all so beautiful!

Here are all the versions together that I'm going to get samples of.

sample%20colours.jpg

Sounds fair that those that entered the cointest get first chance at the coins, but will have to limit them at one version per person for now - but again will only start taking actual reservations once samples arrive so people can see what they actually look like.

any news?

Just working out the final colours on the blueprints (which is fairly complicated with so many colours on some of them). There may also be another version to raise money for the earthquake in New Zealand but waiting to hear back from Keewee about it.

But hopefully I can sort out the artwork and pay for the samples in the next 1-2 days and then get those in a few weeks.

Hopefully not too long - will upload any sample pictures as soon as I can.

But for now here are the 2 New Zealand versions - one based on kiwi fruit (black nickel), and the other using Christchurch colours (antique silver).

nzsmall.jpg

Edit: Samples will still be a couple of weeks away.

Edited by CW88

I'd like to put my name down for a Kiwi version (if you are that far already). and I may add another one or two after you get the rest of the versions nailed down.

Not at reservation stage yet - will wait until I get samples (and as suggested earlier, the people who took part in the cointest will get first shot at them).

But the 2 New Zealand versions are going to only be sold/auctioned off by Keewee, so will have to check with him on those.

I'd like to put my name down for a Kiwi version (if you are that far already). and I may add another one or two after you get the rest of the versions nailed down.

Not at reservation stage yet - will wait until I get samples (and as suggested earlier, the people who took part in the cointest will get first shot at them).

But the 2 New Zealand versions are going to only be sold/auctioned off by Keewee, so will have to check with him on those.

Cool beans, just didn't want to miss out. :D

Just an update for people who were following this coin.

I've checked to see how the samples were going, and I should hopefully be getting them in the next couple of weeks (maybe some photos before that).

Sounds like they've been quite complicated to make so have been taking longer than expected.

Edited by CW88