Garmin 62 series Paperless questions

Woodstramp

I've read that the 62 units are paperless. The specs say these have a 2000 WP limit. My main question is this....if you load 1999 geocaches in the units, does that mean you'll only have room for one WP or are geocaches and WP's stored separately in memory?

Also, I can GSAK load thousands of (limited info) geocaches (as custom POI's) in my 60CSX's SD card memory. Is this also an option in the 62 units? Thanks.

5000....that plenty. :) Nice that they separated those and regular WPs. Thanks.

With that said, I have had problems with geocaches being dropped from the internal memory, particularly if more than one gpx file is used. The last gpx sometimes canceled out previous files. I have gotten in the habit of loading them into the sd card and have had no problem with storing 3000 or so caches on the unit. I have not tried anything beyond that.

Edited by mulvaney

With that said, I have had problems with geocaches being dropped from the internal memory, particularly if more than one gpx file is used. The last gpx sometimes canceled out previous files. I have gotten in the habit of loading them into the sd card and have had no problem with storing 3000 or so caches on the unit. I have not tried anything beyond that.

So you use multiple GPX files? I've just been combining my databases into a single GPX in GSAK. Haven't tried more than 2000 yet though.