Where to release a Travel Bug?

snarfblat

I just receive my order of four bugs from Groundspeak today, and I'm curious about where to release them. Is it considered proper to release them into a cache that isn't one of your own?

My only cache right now is one that's pretty far out, and I don't know how long it'll take somebody to find it. I'm going to go out this week to check on it and switch it from a bucket to an ammo box, but I don't really want to put a bug in it because the bug could die of loneliness. icon_wink.gif

So... if it's okay to release them into other caches, that'd be great.

Rob

since I don't own any travel bugs yet. I plan on putting out two in the near future. One I will place in the only cache I own. The other I plan on releasing on vacation with the mission to find it's way home. Obviously the second will require that it makes it's debut in someone else's cache. I may be wrong but I don't see this as a problem. If nothing else, it's added publicity for someone's cache.

GeoMedic - team leader of GeoStars

Ditto Markwell, Lazyboy & Mitey Mite .

You can also, if you so chose, start a cache JUST for the bug(s). Someone did this and released 16 ducklings from a cache. Cache placer left instructions not to put anything in the cache, so when the last bug was taken, that cache was archived.

(off topic: I wonder how those ducklings are doing... hmmmm.... must go search around icon_smile.gif )

-----

froggy.gif You must be present to win.