Last Tuesday I was a muggle!

tony1959

I was out at our local disc golf course last Tuesday checking on some things as we have had some problems with people driving where they should not be after it snow’s and they had knocked one of our baskets out of the ground anyway I saw a young man digging around the bottom of one of our baskets so I stopped and asked him if I could help him.

He laughed and said he was looking for a geocache well I knew a little about geocaching from a fellow disc golfer so we started talking and I found out he was having trouble finding it, he told me the name of the GC so I then knew it was my disc golfing friend that was the CO so I gave him a call after they talked the young man thanked me and was off to find it.

So it really got my interest up and I looked up geocaching and wound up here so I did a search and found a bunch right here in town so the next day after work I was off to “West Wind Stumper” with my car GPS but I could not find it so my disc golfing friend showed up and gave me his GPS and with-in a few minutes I had found it.

So in a 24 hr period I went from a muggle to a geocacher and this last Saturday my 2 sons ages 10 and 26 and my grandson age 9 and my granddaughter age 2 whent geocaching and found 15 CG’s.

We are hooked!!!!!!!

That is the most creative forum thread title I've seen. Very funny!

You do realize that you've crossed the point of no return, right? :rolleyes:

I hope your future geocaching adventures with the kids are a ton of fun!

Oh yes I do realize that , infact our PN-40 in on it's way.

I get off work at 2:30 in the afternoon and by 2:35 yesterday my oldest son

had called and asked if I was headed out, he just knew I was out looking :laughing:

Edited by tony1959

i to only found out about this adventure last week and have 11 caches in a week also managed to find 1 travel bug that is coming on my business trip tomorrow and after meetings and drinks i will be heading out hunting around edinburgh and may drop the bug on its first visit to scotland, it has travelled 8000 miles since 2007 amazing!!!

I was out at our local disc golf course last Tuesday checking on some things as we have had some problems with people driving where they should not be after it snow's and they had knocked one of our baskets out of the ground anyway I saw a young man digging around the bottom of one of our baskets so I stopped and asked him if I could help him.

He laughed and said he was looking for a geocache well I knew a little about geocaching from a fellow disc golfer so we started talking and I found out he was having trouble finding it, he told me the name of the GC so I then knew it was my disc golfing friend that was the CO so I gave him a call after they talked the young man thanked me and was off to find it.

So it really got my interest up and I looked up geocaching and wound up here so I did a search and found a bunch right here in town so the next day after work I was off to "West Wind Stumper" with my car GPS but I could not find it so my disc golfing friend showed up and gave me his GPS and with-in a few minutes I had found it.

So in a 24 hr period I went from a muggle to a geocacher and this last Saturday my 2 sons ages 10 and 26 and my grandson age 9 and my granddaughter age 2 whent geocaching and found 15 CG's.

We are hooked!!!!!!!

Welcome to 'Muggle's Anonymous'

Hello Tony1959, I've been unmuggled for 63 days...:D