Ordering TB's

woodsters

Well I'm a little disappointed. I ordered a 4 pack last Friday afternoon (east coast). I noticed that my check card wasn't debited till Monday when balancing my check book yesterday. No problem. I figured they would probably be here today(friday). I woke up this morning to an email that said they will be shipped out "tomorrow", which I assume they meant today. From the responses I expected them to be here already, but I guess that they got behind.

Brian Wood

Woodsters Outdoors

http://www.woodsters.com

quote:
Originally posted by Woodsters Outdoors:

Well I'm a little disappointed. I ordered a 4 pack last Friday afternoon (east coast). I noticed that my check card wasn't debited till Monday when balancing my check book yesterday. No problem. I figured they would probably be here today(friday). I woke up this morning to an email that said they will be shipped out "tomorrow", which I assume they meant today. From the responses I expected them to be here already, but I guess that they got behind.

Brian Wood

I have ordered three diffarnt times. four pack each time and have gotten them in three to four days. but some times they are out of them and have to wait on and order. I live in S.C.

Mejas

Woodsters Outdoors

Love caching

Well I went through a similar type of thing when ordering something else off the internet. I don't mind delays. At least when made aware of them. The internet is a great commerce source, but service (not necessarily Groundspeak) is going to the dogs. I expect a reply or notice that items are delayed or shipment is delayed. Whether it's an email at time of order or on the website where ordering. I would prefer a notice on the website saying, things are delayed or "out of stock". Actually it's easier to put a statement on the website as to such.

I've just have had bad luck ordering online lately. It just really frustrates me as one who provides a service as well on the internet.

Brian Wood

Woodsters Outdoors

You should know that the Travel Bugs (because they have to be entered into the database) are handled by the Groundspeak staff and not a distributing company (as are the other items in the Groundspeak Store). They have to be in an envelope with the activation code and assembled together.

I don't know if they keep track of who originally purchased the bugs or not, but just know that TB shipments are a little more involved than buying a hat or T-Shirt.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

So Brian, how long did it take for your TBs to arrive?

I just ordered a 4-pk using paypal and am hoping we'll get them in time to release one when we're in Atlanta next weekend. icon_smile.gif

~ Lesley

I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.

When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high,

And don't be afraid of the dark

www.bookcrossing.com Read and Release!

Well, I just received an email saying the bugs would be shipped out tomorrow and since we're leaving Thursday morning, it doesn't look like we'll be releasing a bug in Atlanta this time round. Serves me right for procrastinating! icon_rolleyes.gif

But we did pick up a bug in MA and will be bringing him down with us, so that's a plus. icon_smile.gif

~ Lesley

Actually i don't think 5 bucks are all that expensive for them, considering postage is paid on them as well. Don't forget you have to think about material costs to mail them , manhours to print the decals and put them on the bags.

I bought 2 military style dog tags a month or so ago at an army surplus store and they cost $8. That was with us standing there waiting for them, and no postage, no fancy bagging and not nearly as nice. I like them so much that I put hte copy tag on my keychain of the first bug we placed out last weekend. We will probably put out one this weekend sometime and the copy is going with the other one. Will do that until I get a bunch and then will put them somewhere else. Perhaps a notebook with a printout of the initial Travel bug page.

Brian Wood

Woodsters Outdoors

I'm hoping the Woodster's TB curse has lifted. I ordered a TB 8-pack on Sunday, July 13, and hope to have them in time for my trip to London and Paris on July 26.

I received immediate order confirmation using PayPal, but have heard nothing from Groundspeak. I emailed them asking if I should pay extra for a rush order.

I realize it's probably too early to worry, but anybody know current processing time?

I know that TBs can take longer to produce due to individualization, but nothing indicated any unusual delays, so I'm trying to remain optimistic. icon_razz.gif

The confirmation from Paypal is a good sign.. I ordered mine on a Friday and didn't get Paypal confirmation for a few days. Then didn't get confirmation till that thursday from Groundspeak that they would be sent out the next day. Got them on the next Tuesday I believe. Was almost a 2 week ordeal. You should probably get yours before the 26th... that will be almost 2 weeks away as it is. I think mine might of been a rare case...

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

Thanks for the reassuring words, Gecko and Woodster, and you were correct. I received an email reply from a Groundspeak representative today confirming the processing of my order. Furthermore, because they were aware I plan to make educational use of the TBs on my trip and after, they rushed the shipping for free. Now that's customer service!

I think they're heeding your service tips, Woodster, although they're probably inundated as the popularity of geocaching skyrockets. Once again, communication is powerful, and I'm a believer in the power of the forum. icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by Teach2Learn on July 16, 2003 at 05:55 PM.]

I'll chime in as well with my experience. icon_smile.gif

I ordered our TBs on June 26th, received paypal email confirmation almost immediately, then received an email from Groundspeak on July 1st saying they'd be shipped out the following day. We left on July 3rd for vacation and when we got back on the 8th they were waiting for us. Not sure what day they actually arrived.

Two have since been activated and released. icon_cool.gif

~ Lesley

Edited for typo.