Best prices for Garmin 62s.

baloo&bd

Let me give you a reply that's useful . .

Amazon has them for $389 with free shipping. Not much off your $399, but the free shipping helps.

Thanks, wasn't sure what the other was about.

After further searching, Digital Oasis has them for $375 w free shipping. First I will contact Garmin to see how much to repair the USB on my Colorado and then decide.

Thanks for the help.

You made a blanket statement that touch screens are undesirable without any reasoning. I believe that most people would disagree with you. Thats what the other was about.

I took his statement about touchscreens being undesirable to mean that they are undesirable TO HIM since he is looking to purchase a new GPSr. Sheesh. :blink:

Good luck finding one for a great price.

Edited by slukster

After further searching, Digital Oasis has them for $375 w free shipping. First I will contact Garmin to see how much to repair the USB on my Colorado and then decide.

I got a 62s after the USB failed on my third Colorado. It was out of the Garmin warranty and I did not feel like going through another one. Luckily the money I got from a third party warranty allowed me to switch.

I miss the resolution on the Colorado, but love the 62s. There are some design issues to consider, but I could not be happier with its speed, ease of use, and accuracy (and I do not like touchscreens). If a squeaky case might bother you, think about getting it some place where you can try it out first.

You made a blanket statement that “touch screens are undesirable” without any reasoning. I believe that most people would disagree with you. That’s what “the other” was about.

Sorry, guess I still don't get what that has to do with finding a decent price on a 62s.

So why did you introduce the subject? Wouldn't this have been avoided if you had just said "I am not interested in the touchscreen models"?

But to say they are "undesirable" without saying to whom, or even why, is inviting comment.

...Wouldn't this have been avoided if...

Some time last year, I decided that if a post rubs me the wrong way, there are two reasons : it is unintentional, or it is a bait.

If it is unintentional, there's no need to rub the other person's nose in it. If it is a bait, there is no reason to give the poster the satisfaction.

Overall, I think it did wonders for my blood pressure.

OK, end of sermon.

GPSCity has the 62s at about the same price as Amazon the last time I checked ($390) and $6 for priority mail shipping.

Because of a fix I am having to do on my CO 400t, I am looking to possibly get another addition to the GPS stable. Since touchscreens are undesirable, the 62s seems to stand out. $399 seems to be the going price, anyone seen any deals better, or even someone with a used model?

Unless paperless caching is desired or wireless sharing, I would suggest a GPSMAP60csx (Amazon.com $199). The older and IMO a better GPS than the 62s. The bugs have all been worked out and no squeaky case :)

Supports SD cards, same screen size, etc.

As much as I love my 60csx (and always have it with me) I mostly use my Oregon 550 as I geocache more than anything else and paperless is the holy grail.

My .02 worth

GPSCity has the 62s at about the same price as Amazon the last time I checked ($390) and $6 for priority mail shipping.

The $375 from Digital Oasis seems to be the best I will do, however I have to fix the Colorado either way. Garmin charges $99 for an exchange so I sent it this afternoon and will use for a bit to see if the price comes down any more or some start to appear used at a decent price.

Thanks for the suggestions.