Custom Maps for Magellan Triton 1500

Infern01

i am trying to find a mapping program to make custom maps for my gps. I had the program when i had my last laptop, but a bad accident made it go away. just wondering if anyone can help me find that program again or if anyone has the program, maybe there might be a way i can get a copy of the program. Thanks for anyone's help in advance.

Go to maps4me.net You pay something like a $13.00 annual fee, and you can download all the maps you like. Sockeye from the tritonforum has placed topo maps of all 50 states on the site. I They also have street details. I download the maps I want to my computer, then transfer them to the sd card I use in my Triton. Then I just choose the detail map I want from the menu, and voila! There it is! You can also get Accuterra maps from Magellan's website, but I do not think these are as up to date as Sockeye's maps. Also, they are a bit pricey.

National Geographic also has maps available that are supposed to work with the Triton series as well. I have no experience with those, though.

There are a number of free mapmaking programs you can use to make your own. Gmapmaker is one, and TritonRMP is one that converts maps to raster type maps that are usable on the Triton. If you don't want to invest the time to learn the programs, or spend money, I would go with the maps4me.net option. I currently have these maps on my Triton 2000, and I am quite satisfied. At $13.00 a year, it's hard to go wrong!

Good luck! Email me at redleg7@comcast.net if I can be of further assistance.