Kini Geocoin

kini_ont

First and foremost let me say thank you all for making this such a fun event, reading the posts (several times a day at times) made the wait enjoyable. But you're not here to read that are you :lol: On with pictures and announcing winners, yes I said winners. Yesterday I eluded to a dilemma and I'll expand on that later.

They are in :D

Congratulations to Seekerfamily and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

001-23.jpg002-25.jpg004-10.jpg

Now for freight costs (dilemma :blink: )

CCWashburn in post 97 guessed $0 cause it's billed in the cost of the coins, correct :D Congratulations

But we all know there's some cost no matter what so I chose the two possible ways they could be sent (as a business Landsharkz gets a reduction so it is somewhere between) putting it on the penny for regular mail was LadyBee4T Congratulations :D Hope your feeling better. And for exress mail only out a $ 1.54 was Gatoulis Congratulations :D

I will be in contact with each of you to get the coins to you. Now this is not the best light but here are a few more shots of the coins :D

011-1.jpg

The regular edition

013-2.jpg

The Limited Edition :D

014-1.jpg

010-4.jpg

Yes it sparkles in the front and glows in the night :D

Both together again

006-4.jpg

Thanks again and should you wish to trade for a regular edition coin, email me I will trade with as many as I can (they need good homes and I know you're all fine folks for putting up with me :ph34r::lol: ) For those who wish to buy I will announce that later

Yes this contest was a lot of fun! Thanks so much for including us in your excitement. I was waiting everyday and watched this thread anticipating the arrival!! LOL I love them!!!

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks for your generosity. I thought that CCWashburn had a pretty good guess there. :lol: I was guessing on 300 coins......

Now I will be anticipating the coin arrival!!

And yes I am finally feeling better. Thanks! I went to an event on Feb 19 with over 200 people. I found out today that at least a dozen other people also got sick within a day or two of it.

Yes this contest was a lot of fun! Thanks so much for including us in your excitement. I was waiting everyday and watched this thread anticipating the arrival!! LOL I love them!!!

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks for your generosity. I thought that CCWashburn had a pretty good guess there. :lol: I was guessing on 300 coins......

Now I will be anticipating the coin arrival!!

And yes I am finally feeling better. Thanks! I went to an event on Feb 19 with over 200 people. I found out today that at least a dozen other people also got sick within a day or two of it.

I have to admit...Having had my own coin made and in the process of another 2, I kind of figured that they would have included the shipping in your final price quote most reputable makers do.

So which design do the winners get? If I could pick I would want one with the blue sky on the back. Both are beautiful though!

Thank you for your generosity! This coin will stay in my collection and be shown off at events.

Edited by CCWashburn

CCWashburn in post 97 guessed $0 cause it's billed in the cost of the coins, correct :D Congratulations

I just realized (and went through to look.) That was my only guess, I was going to put in others but had a problem with the page not opening.

edit for punctuation error(missed a bracket)

Edited by CCWashburn

I have to admit...Having had my own coin made and in the process of another 2, I kind of figured that they would have included the shipping in your final price quote most reputable makers do.

I went back and looked and he only said how much will it cost. I suppose to get the actual cost Landsharkz would have to tell him. I just assumed it would be on the label on the package. In any event this way he awarded 3! He's the man!!

LadyBee4T what was everyone sick with...sounds like food poisoning?????? :huh::surprise:

Actually it was a influenza like syndrome with a lot of upper respiratory or else gi complaints but not so far as I have heard food poisoning symptoms.

Congratulations to the winners, congratulations on the coins, and thanks for the cointest! I'm still curious to know what it would have cost to ship such a package if it weren't included.

My guess was $29.93. For that guess I plugged in the weight of 300 average 1.5" coins at the Canada post website using Landsharkz and Kini Ont 's postal codes...

WOW!!!! Amazing coins!!!! 2 versions!!! the LE is the blue sky ones and the RE the white sky?

?? I was that close to the postage that I won too??? My wild guesses were that close? I had no idea about it and I do not know why, Canada Post site was not opening to have some help...

Congrats to all winners and thank you Ted for your generosity! :D

Yes, I am in the address list.... unfortunatelly I do not have the address of the site the list is anymore... :( It was in my old PC...

Can someone help me in that and send me the place the list is to keep it again? Please!!! :D

First and foremost let me say thank you all for making this such a fun event, reading the posts (several times a day at times) made the wait enjoyable. But you're not here to read that are you :lol: On with pictures and announcing winners, yes I said winners. Yesterday I eluded to a dilemma and I'll expand on that later.

They are in :D

Congratulations to Seekerfamily and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

001-23.jpg002-25.jpg004-10.jpg

Now for freight costs (dilemma :blink: )

But we all know there's some cost no matter what so I chose the two possible ways they could be sent (as a business Landsharkz gets a reduction so it is somewhere between) putting it on the penny for regular mail was LadyBee4T Congratulations :D Hope your feeling better. And for exress mail only out a $ 1.54 was Gatoulis Congratulations :D

I will be in contact with each of you to get the coins to you. Now this is not the best light but here are a few more shots of the coins :D

011-1.jpg

The regular edition

013-2.jpg

The Limited Edition :D

014-1.jpg

010-4.jpg

Yes it sparkles in the front and glows in the night :D

Both together again

006-4.jpg

Thanks again and should you wish to trade for a regular edition coin, email me I will trade with as many as I can (they need good homes and I know you're all fine folks for putting up with me :ph34r::lol: ) For those who wish to buy I will announce that later

Is seekerfamily birthday today or very soon? Then Happy birthday to you!!! :D

To answer your question mamoreb, I used the size of the box (11x10x7) the weight (9.8 kg or 21.6 lbs) and plugged in the postal codes for Victoria BC and Penetanguishene ON.

If this package had been sent Xpress Post it would have cost $89.44 Cdn (3 day delivery guaranteed) or as LadyBee4T has described if it was sent by Regular Post (8 day Delivery).

I also thought great I’ll get the postage off the box BUT no :blink: , companies that do a lot of business with the post office get a break and special service (there was no postage on the box :huh: ) so plan B,C, & D was put into place (give them all a coin) :D

As I wrote last night those pictures may have not done the coin its real justice, in photography terms “I lost the light” for the regular edition which is the coin all the winners receive. It wasn’t until this morning when I receive an email from Nikos asking if the coin with the “white sky” was the regular :o:o

So here is a much better photo of the regular edition:

001-24.jpg

Thank you all I continue to receive your emails and will answer them as soon as I can but one question has been asked and that is “How do I get one of those dark sky coins (LE version only 75 made)”. ;)

My plans had been to use them in a sparing way to recoup some of the cost of the coins, use them as prizes to events I hold, for very special trades and gifts (there only been one so far). I will in the very near future offer one up for auction with all proceeds going to the “Relay For Life in Penetanguishene”. I was at last year’s event and was moved by the scale and accomplishment of this group. Seeing all the survivors and the candles placed on the walking path made me think it is time to become involved, I hope that you will support me and if not me, someone you know. I beseech you, no challenge you to become involved in the fight against cancer and the first place to start is right at home. Take care.

Hi I’m, kini_ont and I’m a geocoin addict.

You too can become an addict, the Kini Geocoin is now available to friends of the geocoin forum. This 42mm (1.69”) diameter coin is 3mm thick and is black nickel plated and will in no way help in beating your geocoin addiction (not yet a clinical fact but I’m pretty certain). It does come with activation instruction and in a padded envelope which may be used to line the room you store your geocoins.

You can obtain this geocoin by one of two ways, trade or purchase. If you should choose the trade method, do not look at my seek list, it is more of a dream list so choose one or two coins you would like to offer as trade and email me through my profile.

The purchase method is another way of making this coin yours and as a special to only the friends of the geocoin forum, for a limited time, the $12.50 cost to North American geocoin friends includes postage, our friends in Europe and other parts of this sphere we call earth please add an additional $2.50 to cover the postage. If you wish additional coins (bless your heart) please email me and I will give you an estimate of the additional costs. Payments may be made through PayPal so please include in your email your Name, Address, and PayPal Address and of course the number of coins you would like to order.

An operator sits at this computer eagerly waiting to serve you so type now, don’t hesitate, you know you want to, surrender to the addiction. All orders and trades will be acknowledged and shipped in a timely manner. Thank you for your consideration and in the mean time here is another look at the Kini Geocoin

002-26.jpg001-25.jpg

No Inuksuk or Deer were hurt in the making of this presentation :P

Got my two coins today, and I absolutely love them! I originally bought two with the idea that I would keep one and let loose the other to watch it travel, but now I'm not so sure. Ah, if only I wasn't so afraid it would disappear....

Coin Challenge

Azure Sky if you set one free and post it here I will gift you another :)

Got my two coins today, and I absolutely love them! I originally bought two with the idea that I would keep one and let loose the other to watch it travel, but now I'm not so sure. Ah, if only I wasn't so afraid it would disappear....

Coin Challenge

Challenge accepted! I will activate the coin, send it out this weekend, and post it here. :lol:

Coin Challenge

Challenge accepted! I will activate the coin, send it out this weekend, and post it here. :lol:

I love it when somebody accepts a challenge :P

Coin Challenge

Okay, coin is active! Reference: TB45AWH

I'm not thrilled with the pics on the page, they look dull to me. I'll be taking better pics in the morning. :)

I'll be placing the coin in a cache sometime this weekend.

Edited by Azure Sky

Coin Challenge

Okay, coin is active! Reference: TB45AWH

I'm not thrilled with the pics on the page, they look dull to me. I'll be taking better pics in the morning. :)

I'll be placing the coin in a cache sometime this weekend.

I Like It!

I'll get your coin ready to send off to ya and I love the mission :DB)

Edited by kini_ont

Thanks to Team Yanagi who have inspired me to holding a year end cointest. I have become a huge fan of the personal geocoin so this cointest is for a Kini Geocoin, good luck to all.

It’s the Christmas season and we all have stories, it may be of our traditions or our fondest Christmas memory. I’ll leave it up to you to decide what tale you’d like to tell :) .

The Prize: a KINI Geocoin

17186b2f-b5a8-4c64-9de9-23e595413dd8.jpg

The Rules: You may post only once a day a story, short or long, of your favourite Christmas Moment. Was it a present, a family diner, your aunt knitting you a sweater that was 3X’s to big, anything you’d wish to admit to at this wonderful time of the year.

I’ll start it off by a short story of a memory of receiving a BB gun, yes just like the one in “A Christmas Story”. I loved getting that gun under the tree on Christmas; I was so excited getting it. But unlike the story I was careful and good at what I aimed at that is until the day ... the day that my aim was to good. Let’s just say that there comes a day when you are defined as a hunter or a target shooter, I’m a target shooter but I still remember that present with fondness.

Now it’s your turn and remember once a day you may post and I’ll select a winner or winners on January 1st.

Thanks Ted for a fun cointest! :santa:

When I first read the rules a story jumped out at me. This was when my sons were 3 and 5. What a great age for Santa Claus!! My younger son Jeff only asked Santa for one gift--Boba Fett's ship from Star Wars. Of course Santa brought that for him along with some other gifts which we all have forgotten. When Jeff opened that gift the look on his face was just priceless. He could not believe it. All he could say was "I got Boba Fett's ship. Erik I got Boba Fett's ship........" Over and over and over again. Priceless! :santa:

not an entry, but like ladybee4t, the cointest evoked a memory i'd like to share.

SANY0279-1.jpg

so here it is, an old soup mug, chipped and worn. i usually break it out on cold winter afternoons when i've been snowblowing my sidewalks and parking lot at my office, generally followed by snowblowing my driveway at home, and a part of the backyard, so the dogs can get out to do whatever they require (maxx is at least half dachshund...not much clearance between his belly and the ground without the snow, much less after even 2 or 3 inches of snow.)

usually i don't have much time, so lunch is just a cup of ramen noodles. with the help of this old mug i can feel warm again from the inside out, and helps to make me feel better, even on the most miserable of days. if my hands are cold, it warms them too!

perhaps not much to look at any more, but it was once shiny and new, and given to me on christmas day...it will most likely always be one of my favorite holiday memories and gifts....and of course there's the bottom of the mug...

IMG_NEW-4-2.jpg

ILYK

not an entry, but like ladybee4t, the cointest evoked a memory i'd like to share.

SANY0279-1.jpg

so here it is, an old soup mug, chipped and worn. i usually break it out on cold winter afternoons when i've been snowblowing my sidewalks and parking lot at my office, generally followed by snowblowing my driveway at home, and a part of the backyard, so the dogs can get out to do whatever they require (maxx is at least half dachshund...not much clearance between his belly and the ground without the snow, much less after even 2 or 3 inches of snow.)

usually i don't have much time, so lunch is just a cup of ramen noodles. with the help of this old mug i can feel warm again from the inside out, and helps to make me feel better, even on the most miserable of days. if my hands are cold, it warms them too!

perhaps not much to look at any more, but it was once shiny and new, and given to me on christmas day...it will most likely always be one of my favorite holiday memories and gifts....and of course there's the bottom of the mug...

IMG_NEW-4-2.jpg

ILYK

And that warmed my heart ... thanks drneal God bless everyone