Kini Geocoin

kini_ont

I can’t believe it been a year since my last cointest (Quest is Gold Cointest) so much has happened since then. There was the 10 Year Anniversary Event in May, a geocoin that Avroair designed and I got to shared with a new dear friend ELTADA, ASP Geobash V where I got to meet with drneal and Sparticus and a whole lot of new cachers, thanks guys for a great year. Then there was COG’s Spring Fling in June more on that later, a daughter’s move in August which led into 10-10-10 and a week of some great caching in the hills of Caledon Ontario. Coins were traded to Europe, California, New York, Florida, in fact all over the world, coins went and coins came and I thank you all, you have made it a remarkable year. Mystery coins where do I start; Kate with her Bell Witch, Tempusfragilis with Carpe Diem, Cache Reaper, Dark Knight, Close Encounter, Loon-A-Tick and the New World Order ... oh my ... thank you to all the mystery givers you have been very generous and it’s been greatly appreciated.

So at COG’s Spring Fling I got to hear and meet with ELTADA and Chris from Landsharkz, the seminar was on coins what else ;) , design, shape, colours and how they’re made and got to see some great coin samples. This seminar peaked my interest or as Ki would tell you, vaulted me over to the other side :ph34r: . Having spent many hours at the computer playing with images and defining what I would want for a personal coin, something kept drawing me back to what I was comfortable with and that was the Inukshuk’s.

To me they represented the attributes of strength, leadership and motivation, having others set a course and to follow those means you are on the right path to finding what you are looking for.

So where is this all leading to.... you may have noticed that my avatar changed in January of this year. Yes that means that this year with GeoWoodstock IX and Geocoinfest I really thought I should take the plunge and with the help of Helen & Chris at Landsharkz a personal trackable geocoin with its own icon is in the process.

So the cointest is for two of my new coins;

You may guess only once a day to each question, the one who first guesses the correct or closest to if there is no correct guess, will win a “KINI” coin. And as always my game, my rules, the final decision will be mine, so have fun :D

1) On what date will I receive my new coins? The whole process started in mid December. The first to correctly guess this date wins. Do I know this date, nope, so it will be the date I have them in hand.

2) The coins will travel by Canada Post from Vancouver British Columbia to me by mail or by courier, how much will it cost? First it is in Canadian dollars so if you use the Canada Post web site and have an idea how large a box is needed and the weight for, no that would be giving you too much information; let’s just say there’s enough to go around :lol:

Some other details to help you ponder the answers, first I will be attending at least 4 mega events this year, I plan on releasing, trading, giving away and possible selling some. About the time my avatar changed I had given the green light for the coins.

The Coin Facts: it is 42mm in diameter – 3mm thick – a Black Nickel coin and until I get a coin in hand, here is the artistic drawing of the front; the back will remain a mystery for now.

Good Luck to all :D

kini_ontA1.jpg

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Hmmmm.... but we're actually in Victoria, BC, darned close to Vancouver, but we're on the island. Will that affect shipping costs? Also, did anyone take Chinese New Year into account for production time and ensuing delays? Also, what if we use Canada Post Express Post vs Expedited? Come to think of it, if we have anyone from Ontario out here visiting we could even send them back in their luggage for hand delivery :blink: . I can think of a handful of times that bulk orders were hand delivered or locally shipped (with permission) to customers in the US, Canada, UK and Europe.

Ted - I have not been on the forums too much as of late due to many irons in the fire right now but to hop on and learn you have a coin coming to you...well, that is cause for celebration!!! I am so glad you were able to make this happen and I look forward to seeing it in person at Fling if not sooner. Enjoy opening that box when it arrives - I know you will be beyond excited. Make sure Ki has the camera ready! :D

Hmmmm.... but we're actually in Victoria, BC, darned close to Vancouver, but we're on the island. Will that affect shipping costs? Also, did anyone take Chinese New Year into account for production time and ensuing delays? Also, what if we use Canada Post Express Post vs Expedited? Come to think of it, if we have anyone from Ontario out here visiting we could even send them back in their luggage for hand delivery :blink: . I can think of a handful of times that bulk orders were hand delivered or locally shipped (with permission) to customers in the US, Canada, UK and Europe.

Hmmmm..... nice wrinkle never thought they may be delivered another way. So delivery could be from lovely Victoria BC (sorry my bad about Vancouver) to home. A one way air fare could cost $335-$469 a seat or a less expensive way like a car from beautiful, magnificent Victoria (have I made up for that gaff yet) to Penetanguishene, a mere 4884 km or 43 hour ride at about $200 in gas add a $100 for 2 nights in a motel :blink::lol:

Thank you for the compliments and words of encouragement it is a very exciting time for Ki n I, but probably more for me. For those who have express an interest in trading, I’ve started a list and when the coins arrive will give you first chance in trading, I’m sure that a trade will be made after all I didn’t get these made to hold on to them :P

Well seeing as you asked to see the back maybe it is time to reveal it. The words "Trackable" will be on the coins edge and the tracking number where the word Sharkz is. Again thank you for your interest and participation in the cointest.

kini_ontB.jpg

I used your postal code and Ted's postal code and took some other guesses....I hope I am close :)

I love the back of it.... simple, yet unique. It's like a little piece of art. I really like the "flat" look on this coin.

Thanks but it all belongs to Chris, the only suggestion I made was to bend the tops of the tree, here with the winds and snow it's hard to find a straight tree :)

Personally and I am bias, I think he did a great job, wait to you see the "special ones" there'll be no preview till I get those :D