tech question

I was wondering if there is an gps out there that you can put in the address without knowing the city and from your present location it would give back,say within 25 miles the results of listed streets within that area ??????????

Just tried this on my 60csx and it does this. You just start typing in the street name and it will list nearby streets that match that.

I own an tomtom,3garmins and 1 magellan more or less designed for auto use and none of them will do this.It seems to me if you are traveling in unknown areas that all auto gps's should do this,not just a few like you found one.This is discouraging to have city pop up first ,when you don't know the city name,but,know the street.Many thanks for your answer.UPDATE,,I found my garmin nuvi 295w has the "search all cities"option.

Edited by yellow-bird

I was wondering if there is an gps out there that you can put in the address without knowing the city and from your present location it would give back,say within 25 miles the results of listed streets within that area ??????????

I just tried my Oregon and the procedure there is: Where To, Address, Spell State/Province or choose the current province, then Spell City or Search All. If I choose "Search All" it allows me to enter a street number, then name, and lists the street name types it comes up with if there are alternatives, like Bank Street, Banker Road, etc. It then lists all the cities with matching roads.

It's even easier on the Garmin 295W: Where To, Address, Search All.

Edited by Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hide