What GPS app for Blackberry

markymandy

I'd really suggest looking at CacheSense, it's not free but it is very reasonably priced at $10 and has a 30 day free trial so you can try it first.

I've been using it for about well over a year now on 3 different Blackberrys (Tour, Bold, and now a Torch) and I love it, you will really need a premium membership to take advantage of it, but thats gonna be the case with any software free or paid.

I have a blackberry torch (9700) does anyone know of a good free app to download

GeoCache Navigator is the best app for going caching without any pre-planning. Anywhere you are, do a quick search for the 10 closest caches to you at that time, and away you go. No pocket queries to setup before hand, GPX files to copy, etc.

When you mark a cache as found, it send's it immediately over the air to geocaching.com's field notes page.

The interface seems a little primitive at times, but it's what I started with, and I still use it even when I have the 62s as a backup. Since it is all over the air, you're always looking at the most recent data (has anyone found this cache since my pocket query) and you can look at all the logs, not just the last 5. I also use it for quick proximity checks to other caches in the field when I'm looking to hide one, since I don't always keep found caches on my garmin. Downside is if you have no wireless signal, you can't use the app at all.

CacheSense is great for GPX based usage, and requires no data service, just GPS... I forced myself to use it when my garmin was in for service, but I think this app has almost too many features :) the menus are very long with choices, but you can see all the cache information in the pocket query GPX's, including attributes (if your profile is set for gpx 1.0.1), which most GPS's don't show.

I'd really suggest looking at CacheSense, it's not free but it is very reasonably priced at $10 and has a 30 day free trial so you can try it first.

I've been using it for about well over a year now on 3 different Blackberrys (Tour, Bold, and now a Torch) and I love it, you will really need a premium membership to take advantage of it, but thats gonna be the case with any software free or paid.

What he said.

What he said.

Ditto.

I have used Blackstar, and it is pretty decent. The only thing is that it will eat away at your battery if you do not exit out of it. Just remember to bring your car charger with you if you plan on going out for more than a couple of hours.

I really liked using it and still do occasionally. I hope this helps