I can't win!

KI4HLW

So I have the worst luck with TBs, they go missing from the first cache, people hold them for 10 months, now one ends up in this cache!

GC14D16 Deep in the Heart

Short version, the cache was placed in 2007

A year later it disappears so someone throws a piece of paper on the ground, logs the find, and posts a NM.

A month, and 4 cachers, later someone sees the piece of paper and puts it in a plastic sleeve they found in their car.

A month after, still 2008, that plastic sleeve is gone, and the log soaked so someone puts a new log in a plastic bag.

A ton of "Great Hide" logs.

A year later, 2009, CO stops checking GC.com

Ton more "Geat hide" logs.

Another year later, mid 2010, a second logger posts a NM mentioning it is just a ziplock baggie that won't last.

7 Months, and 1 reported lost TB later this cache that won't die gets a visitor, my TB.

WHY DO I EVEN TRY!!!

Sounds like that one needs a NA instead on a NM. But after your TB gets pulled out of course.

Its kind of funny though that the cache is still going with just a little baggie and a log.

I know, it kinda took on a life of it's own, and I was thinking the same thing, NA, but let my bug gets out first!

given the history of this cache and that the person dropping it off has just 8 finds, i wouldn't hold my breath that the TB is actually there

you were unlucky to have a newbie pick it up, someone with experience wouldn't leave a TB in such a cache

sorry for your loss and continuous bad luck, but if its of any comfort i experienced about everything you did and more , now i don't bother putting out trackables

So I have the worst luck with TBs, they go missing from the first cache, people hold them for 10 months, now one ends up in this cache!

GC14D16 Deep in the Heart

Short version, the cache was placed in 2007

A year later it disappears so someone throws a piece of paper on the ground, logs the find, and posts a NM.

A month, and 4 cachers, later someone sees the piece of paper and puts it in a plastic sleeve they found in their car.

A month after, still 2008, that plastic sleeve is gone, and the log soaked so someone puts a new log in a plastic bag.

A ton of "Great Hide" logs.

A year later, 2009, CO stops checking GC.com

Ton more "Geat hide" logs.

Another year later, mid 2010, a second logger posts a NM mentioning it is just a ziplock baggie that won't last.

7 Months, and 1 reported lost TB later this cache that won't die gets a visitor, my TB.

WHY DO I EVEN TRY!!!

Its about 10 miles for me, I will try and swing by tomorrow and have a look

Its about 10 miles for me, I will try and swing by tomorrow and have a look

Would be much appreciated!

While I set it free with the understanding it would probably be lost some day I obviously only have one first GPSr and I hoped to have it travel a little farther before the inevitable.

That's actually pretty hilarious and cool that a baggie just wouldn't die and that someone actually lived nearby and rescued it for you! Awesome! Glad that cache is done for finally!

I just added a 30km area for me to watch on the TB Rescue site, maybe I can help someone sometime.

Edited by FloridaFour