better rewards

wire twister

I'm just looking to find something besides A little kids toy. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the hunt. But to find a nice pocket knife or even a small camping accessories would be nice

Please don't use knives - kids might find a cache without their parents looking over their shoulder, plus, many park managers don't allow it. A number of parks use prison work crews to do cleanup and landscaping, and the last thing they want is to have someone bring a knife back into the prison population. This is something that could result in having geocaching banned in places.

From the GC Cache Listing Requirements/Guidelines, under the paragraph Cache Contents:

Cache Contents

Use your common sense in most cases. Explosives, fireworks, ammo, lighters, knives (including pocket knives and multi-tools), drugs, alcohol or other illicit material shouldn't be placed in a cache. As always respect the local laws. Geocaching is a family activity and cache contents should be suitable for all ages.

I'm just looking to find something besides A little kids toy. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the hunt. But to find a nice pocket knife or even a small camping accessories would be nice

There are lots of nice, inexpensive things you can add to the cache that DO fit within the guidelines. Those items are great for placing in the caches you hide, but also for when you make trades. When I'm out shopping (which isn't often), I keep my eyes open for things that cachers might enjoy finding in the cache.

Me and my friend Are thinking about hiding a few boxes. these are not gonna be meant for family event and will be posted in the description. If a prisoner comes across the box I would have to say the prisoner has escaped. We're more geared towards the extreme hiker. Are small pocket knives and multi tools against the rules? If so where are the rules I've looked and have not read any.I would use common sense and not hide a box of knives next to a picnic table. I don't have my heart set on putting knives in a box. Maybe a nice set of camping cookware

In post #3 I copied and pasted directly from the Groundspeak guideliness, of which there is a link on the home page.

Here is the paragraph under cache contents:

Cache Contents

Use your common sense in most cases. Explosives, fireworks, ammo, lighters, knives (including pocket knives and multi-tools), drugs, alcohol or other illicit material shouldn't be placed in a cache. As always respect the local laws. Geocaching is a family activity and cache contents should be suitable for all ages.

Food items are always a bad idea. Animals have better noses than humans, and in some cases caches have been chewed through and destroyed because food items (or items that smell like food) are in the cache. Even the presence of mint flavored dental floss has led to destruction of one cache.

If the original cache contents list any of the above items or other questionable items, or if a cache is reported to have the questionable items, the cache may be disabled, and the owner of the cache will be contacted and asked to remove the questionable items before the cache is enabled.