Need help finding a pack.

titan37

Hey Everyone, I was reading the forums back in December and found a reference to a pack that I wanted to investigate. I believe it was under the best daypack thread. The product was a sash-like pack with a variety of pockets. I thought it something like K____ Tek or Trek. I found it on Amazon before Christmas but was sold out. Now, I am interested in looking again but cant find the post. I have been through the forums and no luck. Any help is appreciated! :)

Hey Everyone, I was reading the forums back in December and found a reference to a pack that I wanted to investigate. I believe it was under the best daypack thread. The product was a sash-like pack with a variety of pockets. I thought it something like K____ Tek or Trek. I found it on Amazon before Christmas but was sold out. Now, I am interested in looking again but cant find the post. I have been through the forums and no luck. Any help is appreciated! :)

My favourite backpack is from KeltyIt really is nice and has good number of pocket spaces.

:unsure: May I add a suggestion?

What are your intentions for this Pack you request suggestions?

I have a PACK built for me by McHale Packs in Seattle. This is an expedition Pack he built for me in 1985 and has been on many Climbs since. You are measured and then the pack is built for you. If something goes wrong he will gladly fix it.

The Pack he builds for you will last for a lifetime..

Please explain what you want and what you are going to use it for.

To be honest I have 6 different packs for the different applications I'm going to use it for.......... :rolleyes:

Good Luck on your Quest!

I bought a day pack a couple of years ago and use it now that I have started caching. I found that buying a hydration-compatible pack, and then adding the bladder, was as much as or more than buying a pack with a bladder. I got a CamelBak Alpine Explorer and there is plenty of room for the hiking stuff as well as anything I need for caching. Even loaded it is comfortable to wear. But it is a day pack so you won't be able to pack up the kitchen sink. ;) I picked up a previous year model and saved about 25% over the current year model, so look for deals like that. Good luck with whatever you get.

Maxpedition makes some great bags, i use a jumbo type s small enough as not to be cumbersome but big enough to carry your gear...unless your really trekking far, a hydration pack is not necessary..i have a couple camelbaks but i use them when im doing miles and away from a water source....

Maxpedition makes some great bags, i use a jumbo type s small enough as not to be cumbersome but big enough to carry your gear...unless your really trekking far, a hydration pack is not necessary..i have a couple camelbaks but i use them when im doing miles and away from a water source....

I really like the looks of their new Remora Gear Slinger bag. Would like to see one up close and personal though before I committed funds to one.

Just know they are usually smaller then you think....the remora is tiny i'd suggest the noatak or the bigger sitka....roscoeBa on youtube does a great in-depth review also side by side comparisons of them...cant go wrong with either 3 but if you want the space and be able to load i'd step away from the gearslings and go falcon 2 or pygmy falcon 2, 1500ci and 2 straps so you can load them up or add hydration...

Edited by sick4x4

Most of Maxpeditions modern packs have a hydration pocket on them anyway.

I carry a Maxpedition Vulture everywhere I go. It's big enough to use to get out for a weekend, and it can be tightened down enough to work as a day pack as well.

The great thing about Max packs is the seemingly never ending attachment points for gear and other pockets. They are a bit on the heavier side, but you trade that for the fact that they are virtually indestructible. They're well worth the money that you'll put in for one, I promise you that.

cb62a352-b9a9-4d24-8e9c-94f0bc4b5aa5.jpg

It all depends on what you intend to use the pack for. Is it for a long excursion where you need to carry a large stock of supplies and equipment? Or simply a light pack for a one-day hike? Consider price as well. Packs can get very expensive very quickly, so it's important that you know what you want the pack to do. For example, Swissgear, the makers of Swiss army knives, make a very affordable 34 liter pack for $22. But again, you might need something more heavy duty.

I have been using my boyfriend's Maxpedition pack with two pouch attachments on the side where I store one water bottle for myself and one for my dog. It has a built in hydration pocket as mentioned above, but I haven't had a chance to go out and buy one yet... I find the use of the MOLLE system soooooooo handy, my boyfriend is in the army and has tons of different pouch attachments I can choose from and I like that you can customize where all the pockets go.

Capture.jpg

i use a M.O.L.L.E military assault pack....good for short or long treks...i also have a Camlbak H.A.W.G the water reservoir takes up room but on short rough hikes and geocaching treks its lightweight and doesnt encumber that much..only 2 packs i use

I like the looks of the "Bug Out" bag, plus its lifetime warranty.