FM Radio Cache Idea

In a crowded area full of WiFi access points, you'd want to be really careful about choosing a channel that doesn't conflict with the neighbors. If you're using it just for geo-purposes you might never even notice the collision, but the neighbors sure would.

I live near some highrise apartments, and the airwaves are packed; often I have to change channels on my own network because somebody new came along. In this kind of setting I wouldn't even attempt adding a new signal to the noise for this one single purpose - unless I simply renamed my own access point. Strong password of course.

Not really worried about that, it would only be the SSID that's being broadcast it's a short burst packet that's relatively infrequent, there should be no notable impact from collisions w/o traffic, heck I'd use the same channel I've got my router on, which I tend to move around as neighbors change their equipment/get new neighbors, so that I keep mine in the most open band available. Plus the strength of the little AP I'm using is crap compared to my router.