Sorting on favorites

MarMis

One way would be to write a PQ centered on that city's coordinates and extending out 10 miles or so. Then preview the PQ and click the blue ribbon to sort that subset by Favorites count.

You don't even need to create a PQ, you can just use the "hide and seek a cache" page and search from a random location with an (almost) arbitrary radius. That gives you a lot more caches than a PQ can and you can still sort by favorites.

But can I create a PQ for only caches that have been favorited?

Hows about a PQ for only caches that have been favorited 5 or more times?

Not yet, but I heard they are thinking about it.

Sure, I can sort the list. But, if I want a PQ I need to (tediously) go through and bookmark the qualifying caches and then create a PQ from the bookmark list.

I would think such functionality would have been implemented from the beginning if TPTB were really committed to the concept of favorites. :ph34r:

One way would be to write a PQ centered on that city's coordinates and extending out 10 miles or so. Then preview the PQ and click the blue ribbon to sort that subset by Favorites count.

You don't even need to create a PQ, you can just use the "hide and seek a cache" page and search from a random location with an (almost) arbitrary radius. That gives you a lot more caches than a PQ can and you can still sort by favorites.

Yes. Your way is better.

Yes. Your way is better.

Sure, but then you still have to go through the list and download the .gpxs individually/one-by-one.

You would need to be pretty determined to go much beyond 50 downloads.

OK, you probably won't need as many as 50 for your day of caching, but do you want to do this for every day of your two-week roadtrip across the USA?