What if TB's are not in the cache

MarMis

In several occasions you go to a cache and there should be Travel bugs in there. The reason why you choose to go to that cache!

But....Disappointed no cahce insite.

The first thing what I do is of course mention it on the TB site. Than see that it's there for a long time and more people didn't find the TB. So send an email to the TB owner....But then no reply......(sometimes the cacher hasnt been online for a long time)

What can you do then??? more people will come to the cache because of it's holding a TB, and get disappointed.

What are the possibilities to get the TB removed of the cache, if you are not the TB owner?

First, contact the owner of the TB, then the owner of the cache, and let them know they can mark it missing (from the Trackable's page). If you get no response, you can send your local reviewer, or myself, a link to the missing trackables (the link is the best way, not the reference number, cache name, or ID) and we can do it for you. The Trackable should have been verified as missing by someone, before reporting it to mark it missing.

I tried this suggested method, for a TB that was placed into a cache the day the cache was published, and has been listed as being there for 2 1/2 years, even though it was never physically at the cache, ever.

A TB has been listed in a local cache for (going by memory) about 2 1/2 years now. It wasn't in the cache when it was published, and it has never been in the cache since (I've been back with others, and also know this from reading visit logs), but the owner won't take it off the listing.

I did exactly what was suggested above and the TB is STILL listed in the cache.

The inaccuracy about where a traveler is or isn't is an ongoing problem that will never be solved as long as we let humans into this hobby. After letting the traveler's owner and the cache owner know the best solution is, as always.

Bourbon over ice and a bourbon soaked bone-in ribeye.

I did an inventory of one of my caches today which had 12 travelers listed but there were only 11 there. After a query to the last person to see it I will probably mark it missing. Many CO's are not aware that they can mark a TB as missing. When you contact them you might mention that they can do it on the traveler's webpage. Just below the log part is a mark as missing that only shows up if you own the cache it is in.

Many CO's are not aware that they can mark a TB as missing. When you contact them you might mention that they can do it on the traveler's webpage. Just below the log part is a mark as missing that only shows up if you own the cache it is in.

In my situation, I did let the CO know that HIS TB was still listed in the cache even though it has never been there. After 2 1/2 years I'm starting to wonder if maybe he just doesn't care. :o

I love TB's and here in New Zealand there are not as many caches to choose fron. I hope to get a TB if I see it's listed in a cache. A big disappointment if there is none.

In the mean time I collected a whole list.

I did contact the TB owner, but will follow up your suggestion to contact the cacheowner.

Cheers