This forum has more moderator issues than any other forums on the internet!

I have seen more issues with the moderators here in these forums than on any other forums on the internet.

This place is seriously run like a "Military state".... Like we are under martial law or something. Groundspeak is just as bad. They let the mods run the place. Everything has to be run just so so... no leanacy... no exceptions...

You have to do it the mods way or the highway. PERIOD!

How often do you see Groundspeak actually aproving a so called appeal, or scourning a mod, or even making a mod apologize? You don't! They try to make like the Mods are pefect & that they never make a mistake. Come on their human. They make mistakes. Making a mistake isn't the problem. Denying you made the mistake is the problem.

Seriously, this place is a real joke.

Sure their are exceptions. But WOW... I seen moderators here do things that violate most peoples cival rights.

The moderators act like they are gods, & gods gift to geocaching.

Sure there are a few decent moderators out there. But the few of the mods that shouldn't be mods make the rest of the mods look bad.

I am sure this thread will get locked or deleted.... No problem... I will be back using a different screen name. Different Email, Different IP addy... etc... etc... etc...

Groundspeak listen up... Your mods are really making your forums look bad. Of all the forums I have seen, and I have seen plenty. I am even a mod of 3 other forums. This place is a real joke!

See ya with a different screen name.

Boy, the prima donna high-drama queens have really been coming out of the woodwork lately.

Look, whoever you are, there's this place called Opencaching, you can go swear at the mods here all you like over THERE. The rest of us are happy with the job they've been doing, so why don't you go shove off?

You'll get bored with making the mods play whack-a-mole soon enough, I think.

Edited by Sioneva

I have seen more issues with the moderators here in these forums than on any other forums on the internet.

This place is seriously run like a "Military state".... Like we are under martial law or something. Groundspeak is just as bad. They let the mods run the place. Everything has to be run just so so... no leanacy... no exceptions...

You have to do it the mods way or the highway. PERIOD!

You don't get around much if that's the case. smile.gif

Sounds like this isn't the place for you. Good luck and hope you find a board more to your liking.

I am sure glad this guy doesn't have GSAK because this place is a bastion of free speech compared to over there. I am not belittling them. They keep the topics strictly to issues dealing with GSAK and don't have the free range discussion that pops up here.

I for one love the freedom and the various twists and turns some of the topics take. Makes me chuckle with my morning coffee. It would have been nice if he gave us the URL for the topic he is so upset about.

I guess throwing stones from a blind is better than a rational discussion over an issue.

This is actually the only forum I frequent. I greatly appreciate the fact that I do not have to deal with the vitriol and profanity that is common in other forums.

I believe the mods are doing an outstanding job here and appreciate all they do. If anyone thinks these forums are a joke they can feel free to hang out elsewhere.

Boy, the prima donna high-drama queens have really been coming out of the woodwork lately.

Look, whoever you are, there's this place called Opencaching, you can go swear at the mods here all you like over THERE. The rest of us are happy with the job they've been doing, so why don't you go shove off?

You'll get bored with making the mods play whack-a-mole soon enough, I think.

But you don't have to swear at the mods over there. It is freedom of speech on their forums. Only the people that believe that there is only one caching site go over there to start trouble. Once people understand that caching is a fun game and you can cache anywhere you want then maybe the crying will stop.

I will say that the forums are provided so folks can ask questions, get answers and debate issues in a civil manner, so long as the general subject matter is geocaching. There is an Off Topic form for non-geocaching related discussions.

Whether here or in Off Topic the forum guidelines apply - behave in a civil manner, debate issues without personalizing them, and agree to disagree when that is appropriate.

In order to meet the expectations of the OP, I am closing this topic.