Mac and Garmin Oregon 300 Help

JayCrew

Help... please.

I have a Oregon 300 that I have used seamlessly with PC and GSAK for years now. I have more recently converted back to Mac (long awaited), and have not found a way to manage and upload/download cache files. I have explored many avenues/programs, but none work with the Oregon. I have even tried to dump the files in to the Oregon directly, but files don't show up under the "geocaching" button. Any ideas for me? Thank you ahead of time.

I have even tried to dump the files in to the Oregon directly, but files don't show up under the "geocaching" button. Any ideas for me? Thank you ahead of time.

When you "dump them directly", were they still in zip format or did you copy the uncompressed files? Also, they need to be in the \garmin\gpx folder, either on the gps or the Micro Sd card. They won't be found if they are not in the right folder.

I have a mac and I have absolutely no issues. Took some work, but I got what I need together. I use Garmin BaseCamp to save puzzle cache coords, map routes, save tracks, etc. I use MacCaching to review and sort pocket queries and that sort. To load caches from the site all you need to do is install the plug in from the Garmin website. Then when you hit the "send to my gps" you should see your GPS (that is if it's plugged into the computer). If you are attempting to load a query on your Oregon you do, in fact, just drag it into the geocaching folder on the Garmin. Perhaps you are trying to use a loc file? These will only show up as waypoints. I use Gamin Mapinstall and MapManager as well. That pretty much completes my arsenal of tools on the Mac.

I have a mac and I have absolutely no issues. Took some work, but I got what I need together. I use Garmin BaseCamp to save puzzle cache coords, map routes, save tracks, etc. I use MacCaching to review and sort pocket queries and that sort. To load caches from the site all you need to do is install the plug in from the Garmin website. Then when you hit the "send to my gps" you should see your GPS (that is if it's plugged into the computer). If you are attempting to load a query on your Oregon you do, in fact, just drag it into the geocaching folder on the Garmin. Perhaps you are trying to use a loc file? These will only show up as waypoints. I use Gamin Mapinstall and MapManager as well. That pretty much completes my arsenal of tools on the Mac.

Thank you for you input. My main issue was in regards to pocket queries, I can download directly from the site to the Garmin.

I am now able to load/drag and see the caches under the "Geocaching" button on the Garmin. I don't know what I was doing wrong before.

My question now is, how or where do I find the "found list" of caches? MacCaching does weird things when I try and upload from the GPS.

Is there a list somewhere in the Garmin? I haven't had any luck yet.

Thank you for you input. My main issue was in regards to pocket queries, I can download directly from the site to the Garmin.

I am now able to load/drag and see the caches under the "Geocaching" button on the Garmin. I don't know what I was doing wrong before.

My question now is, how or where do I find the "found list" of caches? MacCaching does weird things when I try and upload from the GPS.

Here's where the "founds" are located. In the \Garmin folder of your gps.

2010-12-04_2012%20geocachevisits.jpg

Edited by Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hide

Here's where the "founds" are located. In the \Garmin folder of your gps.

2010-12-04_2012%20geocachevisits.jpg

Thank you again. I found it. I'm just a little embarrassed that I passed over this file while looking for it. Thank you again for your help. I can now feel fine about completely abandoning my old PC laptop.

Happy Caching!!