Week 2 - Tranquilities on eBay

mysterycoins

A few more of my Tranquility geocoins are on auction over at the eplace, so if you missed out on last weeks auction here's another chance to grab one of these beauties. Details and links below.

Tranquility - Red Passion

Tranquility - Gold on Nickel (Two-Tone)

Tranquility - Black Widow (Gold)

Tranquility - Black Widow (Nickel)

Tranquility - Glowing Blue Heaven

Tranquility - Purple Haze (Gold)

Tranquility - Purple Haze (Nickel)

Tranquility - Glowing Rose (Black Nickel)

Good Luck!

Edited by Eartha

A few more of my Tranquility geocoins are on auction over at the eplace, so if you missed out on last weeks auction here's another chance to grab one of these beauties. Details and links below.

Good Luck!

sigh ...

Good Luck!

sigh ...

Poor Lara... being taunted by mysterycoins... That's OK - Lara doesn't need food... or maybe we could start a food drive to help out.

Back to the topic at hand, I really must go and have a look at these auctions... probably out of my price range already...

it's all mysterycoins' fault. he did it. he taunted me. back lara, back. go back into the light. obsession is bad, bad, bad. it is the dark side of coin collecting. which i am not doing anymore - just as soon as the last coins i bought arrive. seriously.

i have decided it is the forum's fault. if people wouldn't mint new coins i would be ok. and ebay. I MUST STAY OFF EBAY!

i am tranquil now.

Good Luck!

sigh ...

Poor Lara... being taunted by mysterycoins... That's OK - Lara doesn't need food... or maybe we could start a food drive to help out.

Back to the topic at hand, I really must go and have a look at these auctions... probably out of my price range already...

It's not intentional keewee I assure you, taunting os not in my nature. I can only imagine how much Lara regrets letting her set go, but there is a very good reason for these auctions.

We never really own a Tranquility, we just treasure them for the next generation of geocoin collectors to enjoy.

Good Luck!

sigh ...

It's not intentional keewee I assure you, taunting os not in my nature. I can only imagine how much Lara regrets letting her set go, but there is a very good reason for these auctions.

We never really own a Tranquility, we just treasure them for the next generation of geocoin collectors to enjoy.

we're just playing with you mysterycoins. just giving you a hard time. :)

Translated: You mean sell them for more money. :P

edited to add: I have traded\bought and sold the same tranquility 6 times (same exact coin!)

Edited by avroair

edited to add: I have traded\bought and sold the same tranquility 6 times (same exact coin!)

and making a profit each time i'll bet! capitalism at its very best. or was that the one that was mistakenly called the AB but was really an AG?

If I'd set up a website to sell Tranquilities and attached a ridiculous fixed price tag to each one that statement would probably be true Avroair, however.. auctions are hit and miss. And anyway, you've got no idea what I originally paid for them.

I don't understand why auctioning these coins is any different to the hundreds of other auctions going on over at the eplace. Doing it this way gives every collector who's interested a chance to grab one for their collection.

What is this anyway... Poke Mysterycoins with a stick week? :)

and making a profit each time i'll bet! capitalism at its very best. or was that the one that was mistakenly called the AB but was really an AG?

If I'd set up a website to sell Tranquilities and attached a ridiculous fixed price tag to each one that statement would probably be true Avroair, however.. auctions are hit and miss. And anyway, you've got no idea what I originally paid for them.

I don't understand why auctioning these coins is any different to the hundreds of other auctions going on over at the eplace. Doing it this way gives every collector who's interested a chance to grab one for their collection.

Hey Avroair,

Was that a Dark?

I reckon Tranqs go through more hands than any other coin because a lot of folks, when they first come across one and then see others in different colours, want to own a lot of, or all, the versions. It's not until later that people re-evaluate their hoarde and pick their favourites. They might like a certain colour or colour combo but realise they don't need it in, say, both polished gold and nickel. I went through this stage, usually keeping the polished gold except for the Blue Is My World where I kept the nickel. I kept both the polished gold and nickel Purple Haze's as I liked the slight difference in the way the purple enamel of each coin looked thanks to the type of metal underneath.

BTW, Rather than poke a stick I vote we all throw tranqs. Death by tranquility geocoins has a nice irony to it. :rolleyes:

Edited by haysonics

it's not any different at all. and i think it is just fine. some folks get all testy when they see how much tranquilities go for at auction. the 2007 compass rose that just sold for a serious amount of money hasn't gotten a peep out of anyone. it is just these coins i guess. they go through highs and lows just like other coins, right now they are at a high.

no, and i'll take a stick to defend you against any poking!

you've got no idea what I originally paid for them.

You'd be surprised.

I don't understand why auctioning these coins is any different to the hundreds of other auctions going on over at the eplace.

What's different is that you posted and featured them here in the forums under a sock puppet account... just sayin'

It was a joke not a jab, since I did say I had sold the same one 6 times as well. Guess it's my dry English wit.

I don't understand why auctioning these coins is any different to the hundreds of other auctions going on over at the eplace.

What's different is that you posted and featured them here in the forums under a sock puppet account... just sayin'

If you're so concerned about my post, instead of spouting why don't you contact a moderator? I'd be more than willing to point them to my full members account. You obviously doubt my integrity Avroair, so here are the Tranquilities I'm selling over on eBay over the next few weeks.

tpic.jpg

If you're so concerned about my post, instead of spouting why don't you contact a moderator? I'd be more than willing to point them to my full members account. You obviously doubt my integrity Avroair, so here are the Tranquilities I'm selling over on eBay over the next few weeks.

Huh???

You're getting bent out of shape over the consequences of your own actions. If you want to create a mystery profile for stirring up interest in a coin of your making is one thing but to sell a collection of recently received coins (nice blue box, btw in the Mailbox thread) under that same mystery profile is a bit silly .... IMO.

Huh???

You're getting bent out of shape over the consequences of your own actions. If you want to create a mystery profile for stirring up interest in a coin of your making is one thing but to sell a collection of recently received coins (nice blue box, btw in the Mailbox thread) under that same mystery profile is a bit silly .... IMO.

2+2≠5, the post you are refering to in the mailbox thread has nothing at all to do with me Droo. Anyway, this thread is for auctioning off my geocoins, so could we get back on topic please?

Huh???

The post and recipient of the blue box was "famjun"

IMHO famjun and mysterygeocoins are not the same person.

My reasoning is that if they were then the "famjun" account could be considered to be s sockpuppet account (since it was created much later than mysterygeocoins - which is not what I think has happened) and therefore would have been shut down last week in the previous Tranquilities on eBay thread.

Hence famjun and mysterygeocoins are 2 different people.

Remember folks - there are guidelines for using these forums and a number of the posts above are pushing the limit on a number of the guidelines...

Edited by keewee

Remember folks - there are guidelines for using these forums and a number of the posts above are pushing the limit on a number of the guidelines...

Thanks for saving me the typing.

I'm going to use really bit fonts so this next part isn't missed:

The topic of this thread is the auctions on eBay. If you want to discuss THE AUCTIONS please do so. Any poster after this one that's off topic, or posting about the individual, or brining up the history of the design of these coins is subject to suspension of posting rights.

Not to be harsh, but I want to be clear. Stay on topic please.

A few more of my Tranquilities are now up on auction over at the eplace, auction ends this weekend. Two Tranquilities in particular may interest a few collectors here, so here are the auction links.

Tranquility - Antique Nickel LE

Tranquility - Copper AE (Only 30 Minted)

Tranquility - Dark (Gold)

Tranquility - Dark (Rhodium)

Tranquility - Green Giant (Gold)

Tranquility - Green Giant (Nickel)

Tranquility - German (Gold)

Tranquility - German (Nickel)

Good Luck!

A few more of my Tranquilities are now up on auction over at the eplace, auction ends this weekend. Two Tranquilities in particular may interest a few collectors here, so here are the auction links.

Good Luck!

i .................... must ..................... not ......................be ....................... tempted

Good Luck!

i .................... must ..................... not ......................be ....................... tempted

The will is weak in this one... Use the tranquil force Lara... use the tranquil force... :laughing:

Edited by keewee