coordinates in oregon 550t

rosipullin

We use the following two methods to enter a known coordinate in our Oregon.

1. Tap the Where To symbol on the main screen of the 550T, then choose coordinates from the menu, then enter the coordinate using the touch screen, then tap the green tick symbol and the location should show on your map..

2. Tap the Mark Waypoint symbol on the main screen of the 550T. This will save your current coordinate, but if you want to put in another coordinate then choose Save and Edit, then you can edit lots of stuff relating to the Waypoint. To change the actual coordinate, scroll down the menu with the updown arrows, then choose Change Location and use the screen arrows and numbers to change the coordinate to the one you want.

If you want to keep the coordinate, like a favorite, best off using the Waypoint option and save it with a unique name, you can then retrieve it when you want it.

1. Tap the Where To symbol on the main screen of the 550T, then choose coordinates from the menu, then enter the coordinate using the touch screen, then tap the green tick symbol and the location should show on your map..

Small note here: This procedure will actually create a pseudo-waypoint named "Coordinates". If you stop navigating to the coordinates or start navigating to something else, then you can use the Whereto>Waypoints menu to find this "Coordinates" waypoint again and resume navigating to the coords. Only doing the Whereto>Coordinates step again will overwrite this pseudo-waypoint with the new coords.

Edited by dfx

We use the following two methods to enter a known coordinate in our Oregon.

2. Tap the Mark Waypoint symbol on the main screen of the 550T. This will save your current coordinate, but if you want to put in another coordinate then choose Save and Edit, then you can edit lots of stuff relating to the Waypoint. To change the actual coordinate, scroll down the menu with the updown arrows, then choose Change Location and use the screen arrows and numbers to change the coordinate to the one you want.

If you want to keep the coordinate, like a favorite, best off using the Waypoint option and save it with a unique name, you can then retrieve it when you want it.

Ok so i know how to manually put in a set of coordinates by marking a way point and changing the location, but when i go to the compass screen to help guide me to my destination it show another cache and not the manually entered coordinates i plugged in, but if i go to the map screen there it is. I want to be able to use my compass to guide me to my manually entered coordinates, how do i accomplish this?

Agreed. If you're using the Geocaching profile it will always have a little arrow in the corner which points to the nearest cache, even though the main arrow might be pointing to another waypoint.

Use one of the other dashboard views besides "Geocaching Active" or whatever it's called. I like the "Small Icons" view (I think that's what it's called, I don't have my Oregon in front of me right now)