Another form of caching?

Carbon Hunter

I was sent this today by a German friend - he saw an insert on German TV.

Article on dead drops

Dead Drop sites so far

Yes - saw that a while ago

Here is a link to the first in Africa in Natures Valley - not sure I would like to stick one of those in my laptop with windows = virus heaven - oh wait I use Linux so I'll be ok then!

http://deaddrops.com...age=view&id=145

Not sure if there are any others in SA yet - I just remembered reading about that one and was able to google for it.

Trev

edited to add : Seems like the only one in SA according to the World Map view on the site!

Edited by trevorh7000

I have just been thinking about this. A USB dead drop as the cache container and the log sheet contained therein as a electronic file. Of course GS will never allow that - but you could use one or more deadrops as intermediary clue points to get to a traditional final cache container! So the only question remains - who will be the first? Just remember to a USB (male/female) lead to make the connection!

Looking forward to it!

Trev

There is NO WAY that I would "plug" my laptop into a USB in the wall.

Scared of viruses/malware or damaging the usb port? - if the latter use a cable if the former use Linux or a mac! Don't have linux installed and are still curious - then try anyone of a myriad of live cd's freely downladable.

Be safe !

Trev