Can't read additional hint?

trahciul

Just about got to be something unique to a cache or your PC. That browser? OS? Cache?

I am using Mozilla Firefox and it does it on all caches although I had one left on my tab bar and surprisingly that one works. I think the fault is with the browser but what to do? It has only started doing this a couple of weeks ago and before that it worked fine.

Just wondering if there's been an update with this problem?

Also wondering if "cookies not enabled" might be somehow involved in this strange problem?

I have cookies enabled. In the error message is says "The page at http://www.geogcaching.com says: ReferenceError: convertROTStringWithBrackets is not defined"

The strange thing is that I seem to be the only person that has experienced this problem. I have just tried looking at a cache using Internet Explorer and it works using that browser so it must be something to do with Firefox.

I will see if I can contact Mozilla about the fault.

Hi,

I'm using Firefox. My "decrypt" will work to decrypt the hints, but won't work when I attempt to decrypt parts of logs that have been encrypted. I don't get any messages, I just get a new page with the encrypted part of the log still encrypted. I can't understand why it should work in one situation and not in the other. Still - that's computers.

Cheers,

Dan

Hi,

I'm using Firefox. My "decrypt" will work to decrypt the hints, but won't work when I attempt to decrypt parts of logs that have been encrypted. I don't get any messages, I just get a new page with the encrypted part of the log still encrypted. I can't understand why it should work in one situation and not in the other. Still - that's computers.

Cheers,

Dan

Did you recently move up to Firefox 4.0? If so, exactly the same thing happened to me. The LeetKey extension, which I've used for years, isn't compatible with 4.0, either, so decrypting logs has become a bit of a pain. I actually had to do it the old-fashioned way this morning. My Pocket Decoder geocoin is finally earning its keep.

--Larry

Hi,

Cheers,

Dan

Did you recently move up to Firefox 4.0? If so, exactly the same thing happened to me. The LeetKey extension, which I've used for years, isn't compatible with 4.0, either, so decrypting logs has become a bit of a pain. I actually had to do it the old-fashioned way this morning. My Pocket Decoder geocoin is finally earning its keep.

--Larry

I'm using one of the 3.x versions of Firefox and I have the same problem not being able to decrypt parts of logs (hints decrypt fine, but not logs). I'll have to try it on another browser (didn't dawn on me that my browser might be the problem - I just gave up and decided I didn't really need to read the logs that bad). :)

Hi,

Cheers,

Dan

--Larry

I'm using one of the 3.x versions of Firefox and I have the same problem not being able to decrypt parts of logs (hints decrypt fine, but not logs). I'll have to try it on another browser (didn't dawn on me that my browser might be the problem - I just gave up and decided I didn't really need to read the logs that bad). :)

I'm using Firefox 3.6.13 and Proxomitron. I've been getting the same error and putting up with it but today I just tried disabling Proxomitron temporarily and I can decrypt the hints. So it looks like it was one of the proxy servers' filters preventing the decryption.

Probably not the cause, but it's always worth a try...clear the browser's cache. Tools menu -- Clear Recent History. Or as someone else pointed out, it could possibly be a conflicting Extension. If you can think of a new one you recently installed right around the problem started, try disabling it.