Garmin repair turn around

ar_kayaker

I'm looking to send my 60Cx back to garmin for an overhaul and I was wondering if anyone else had done this and how long it took to get their GPSr back.

I've been holding off replacing it, waiting until the 62 series was really ready for the field so I could go fully paperless, but so far it looks like they are still pretty buggy so I'm thinking to overhaul the 60 instead. The problem is I don't want to be without a GPSr for too long because I use mine at least every other week most of the year, usually more.

Anybody have experience with Garmin's service?

Had several units sent into Garmin. Both times my fault. It took 7-10 days total turn around time from when I sent it, to when I got it back. They sent me a refurb unit back both times. The units were in much better shape than the units I sent in. Just like getting a new unit.

What exactly is this 60CSx "overhaul" you are talking about? Either it works or it doesn't. Are you just wanting to replace a beat up case/scratched screen or something?

Worn buttons, cracked battery cover, the rubber coming off the antenna, corrosion in the battery compartment because I didn't find out it was no longer waterproof soon enough, couple of dead pixels and a partial lighting malfunction.... It still functions, but with duct tape around the antenna instead of rubber, it can't last much longer.

For a flat fee they'll take care of it all (or rather they'll send one they've already done it to.)