Cache Trips in the UAE/Caching TV Show

VirusZero

Don't write it off till you have checked. Looking at the scenery, the remoteness, there's a good chance it's still there. We have found caches in Saudi Arabia that have been hidden longer without a single find - till us that is. In fact, Khashm Al Sana'a on the Hejaz Railway was a FTF after 5 YEARS 9 MONTHS AND 27 DAYS SINCE PLACED; and then AlKhatla Dahl after 3 years and an update of coordinates.

Pack your car and sandladders and go have fun :-D It'll make a great episode for the Treasure Hunters. "FTF after xxx years!"

Agreed - it is in an area very seldom frequented of the Rub al Khali - very likely to be there - knowing masala88's other caches that are located in good spots and unlikely to be muggled.

More likely that any lock n lock is brittle and breaking from elements after 3 years - but not missing.

Hey VirusZero - how is the progress going and feedback from the station? I hope the project is still on track?

Agreed - it is in an area very seldom frequented of the Rub al Khali - very likely to be there - knowing masala88's other caches that are located in good spots and unlikely to be muggled.

More likely that any lock n lock is brittle and breaking from elements after 3 years - but not missing.

Hey VirusZero - how is the progress going and feedback from the station? I hope the project is still on track?

We're doing well so far, and yes the show is still on track to hopefully have a few episodes out on the air by September. I'm currently shooting for Sharjah's Jungle (GC15YJ6) and will go on that excursion on Friday (it was supposed to be this past Friday, but lo and behold, my very overworked cameraman overslept and we had to cancel it). I've filmed a preliminary scene for the episode in a skyscraper construction site in JLT (urban jungle, anyone?) and will be shooting throughout this week in the general Dubai Marina area in preparation for the Friday shoot. Anyone who's willing to help out with transportation or would like to join us for this shoot is more than welcome. As a matter of fact, we could use more people coming out with us and the 4x4 transportation.

The main problem I currently have is booking the shoot times and the budgets I have to work with. It's a rat race trying to get in the first-come-first-serve equipment and cameramen queue. Add to that the lack of transportation to those far off caches (the reason why I couldn't, for example, do the Red Dune cache with only the channel's help) will mean that things are slower than I had anticipated them to be. I truly do wish I had an assistant working with me full-time :-(

Aside from that, red tape is another large problem, which is why I'm focusing on those really far-out caches that don't require me getting shooting permits from Studio City or the government. Sharjah's Jungle is one, I'm going to aim to do Bygone Bronze Age (GC2JQV1) next week. Hopefully the weather won't turn to worse in the next few weeks...which is a problem in and of itself, how do you survive going out into desert and mountain caches when the weather can melt your shoes off your feet?!

Apart from that, there will be a time either at the end of this month or in July that I will travel to Jordan and do a special 4-5 episode special trip to Petra and Wadi Rum to do all the ones out there. Red-tape is still getting us late on that one, as we need to send our info out to the Royal Film Commission for help.

So yeah, there you have it! *sigh*...it's a mad world...

Edited by VirusZero