Travel bug Icon

Guest tbell57

Guest MissJenn

New question on a similar note:

I moved a travel bug (Shrunken Head) into Old Loggers Path cache, and logged it onto the website following the instructions. At least, i think I did it properly. No ICON is showing up at the Old Loggers Path page. Why not, I wonder...... Any ideas?

To Old Loggers:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=7198

------------------

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power. - Ashleigh Brilliant ©

Guest MissJenn

quote:
The acid test is, when you click on the button to leave a bug, you have a list of the bugs that you are recorded as holding.

THANK YOU, morseman! I think I just did not do my tasks in the appropriate order. I did it correctly, passed the acid test, and now the travel bug logs are all correct and updated. I even uploaded a picture of it.

------------------

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power. - Ashleigh Brilliant ©

Guest MissJenn

quote:
Originally posted by gnbrotz:

What is the "TBxxx" number or the id number of it's page?

TB1FF

What is that for anyway? (though my original problem has been resolved)

I was just using the numbers that were on the tag itself.

Guest Markwell

Similar to the GCA352 number. Everything after the TB ("travel Bug") is part of the sequential number of the travel bug. The first one was TB1, second TB2.

However, to really get the most out of four spots beyond the TB, Jeremy used "hexidecimal" or base 16. "511" (look at the last part of the website address) traslates to "1FF".

For a full explanation (and a really long and esoteric explanation of hexidecimal), CLICK HERE.

------------------

Markwell

My GPS Activity Page

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt