Pocket Query Problem

I've had a problem pop up today that I have never encountered before. I ran two PQs, both on Caribbean islands. I got my results fast enough, along with the emailed zip files. However, when I download and open up the zipped folders, there is only one file inside the folders...the ".gpx" file. Every other PQ I have run (thousands)contains two files in the zipped folder...the ".gpx" file, and a "-wpts.gpx" file. In order to transfer the files to my Oregon 450, and have it work, you need both the ".gpx" and the "-wpts.gpx" files. Has anyone else encountered this before? Is there an issue with GC.com today? Several queries I ran yesterday were returned with no issues...this just popped up today. Any help is appreciated!

Interesting. I did try dropping just the ".gpx" file into my Oregon, but the caches do not show up. All of the other PQs I did yesterday for Caribbean islands had the "-wpts.gpx" file in addition to the ".gpx" file, and all of those caches show up in the Oregon. It's just these two I did today, that contain only the ".gpx" file, that the caches do not appear in the unit. Any ideas?

Interesting. I did try dropping just the ".gpx" file into my Oregon, but the caches do not show up. All of the other PQs I did yesterday for Caribbean islands had the "-wpts.gpx" file in addition to the ".gpx" file, and all of those caches show up in the Oregon. It's just these two I did today, that contain only the ".gpx" file, that the caches do not appear in the unit. Any ideas?

Have you exceeded the maximum number of caches the unit can hold??

How did you determine that the new caches are not showing up?? Exactly? Did you search alphabetically for them?

Have you exceeded the maximum number of caches the unit can hold??

How did you determine that the new caches are not showing up?? Exactly? Did you search alphabetically for them?

Maximum number of caches exceeded? Not even close.

After copying the ".gpx" file from the PQ into the "GPX" folder on the Oregon, I searched for the newly loaded caches by name. None are found. Specifically, these are caches from the islands of Grenada and St. Lucia. Grenada only has 6 caches on the whole island. St. Lucia a paltry two. Other islands with recently downloaded PQs...St. Thomas, St. Croix, Antigua, all had the "-wpts.gpx" file, and I can find those caches on the Oregon when searching by name.

This is a puzzler. I used to consider myself competent in the use of my various GPSrs, but now I'm starting to wonder! I've never downloaded a cache straight from the GC.com site to the unit. If that is done, is the cache loaded as a ".loc" file? And, if so, does it contain limited information? We'll figure this out, eventually. In the meantime, I surely appreciate the advice and comments from the experts out there!

OK...go figure. I just loaded the ".gpx" files again...for the third time, and now it works! I'm still puzzled, but it had to be something I was/wasn't doing. To answer your last question, StarBrand, there were a total of four (4) gpx files on the Oregon. There are now 6. At any rate, I dropped the two files into the "GPX" folder on the Oregon, and everything is Jake. Caches are found searching by name. No mapping though, of course.

Thanks to all who took the time to respond...I do appreciate your thoughts and advice!