Customizing oregon 450

aintnorock

I'm very confused. I just got a new Oregon 450 and like it, but when geocaching, instead of showing the geocache or point I'm navigating to, in the compass and map views, it shows the nearest geocache, not the one I'm navigating to. I need to know how far it is, etc, but it's impossible to tell from the map and compass views. How do I get them to show the information or customize the information on the compass and map screens to reflect what info I'm looking for.

The compass shows the name and distance of the closest geocache to my current location, and changes as I drive around. Same with my map.

Any suggestions? I'm sure there's something I'm missing.

carl

It depends on the "dashboard" you're using for the particular screen. For the compass screen, it's configurable with the small button at the bottom, and for the map screen you have to go into setup. You're probably using the "geocaching - nearest" dashboard, which behaves as you describe. Alternatively you can use the "geocaching - active" dashboard, which will point to the geocache you're navigating to, or revert to pointing to the closest one if you're not navigating to a geocache. The downside of this dashboard is that it will not work as expected when you're navigating to a waypoint or something else, other than a geocache, which is why I personally use the "small data fields" dashboard, which will always work as expected, but isn't as fancy.