My cache was ripped off!

kniezgoda

I put a cach out that was really cool...it was a opossum head with the container inside. The clue was is it dead or alive? or is it just playing opposum? When to ck on the cach and the wire it was in was still there with the cache gone. I was so mad a fellow cacher found this skull for me and I guess I will just disable this cach and place something else there! Im so sad it gone :( Has anyone else had a neat cach taken?

Edited by kniezgoda

Yep, had really neat 1/3 scale bluebird house swiped after a few weeks mounted on scrub oak. Unfortunately, the likely party for taking the container really shocked me. I will not go into details but the evidence at the site is nearly irrefutable. A kindly cacher seeking this cache noted it was missing and placed one of his really cool containers in its place (I might mention here that I have searched for his containers before and they pretty wiley to locate). Thanks to him and raspberries to the one who just could not resist the urge..........

Unfortunately this is not uncommon. Usually this is done by someone not playing the game. Most often cachers will leave the game pieces in place. If someone comes across something they think is cool and don't know about the game, they don't know to leave it there.

Make sure to included information about the game and that the piece is to be left there in your next cache.

It is true it may have been taken by an animal, as other suggest.

When I've had a cache taken I've taken it as a sign to hide it better.

I put a cach out that was really cool...it was a opossum head with the container inside. The clue was is it dead or alive? or is it just playing opposum? When to ck on the cach and the wire it was in was still there with the cache gone. I was so mad a fellow cacher found this skull for me and I guess I will just disable this cach and place something else there! Im so sad it gone :( Has anyone else had a neat cach taken?

Was this your cache?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I_S4X88FCA

No possums or actual geocaches were harmed in the video, but the empty ammo can is well vented now. The person in the video, "OpossumCacher" is a CMP and NRA trained marksman.

Edited by Manville Possum Hunters