Transfer of cache ownership and Favourite vote

I recently applied some of my favourite votes to some caches owned by a friend and now he is giving up caching for a while and has asked me to take over the caches. They have now been transferred to me and it looks wrong for me to be voting for my own cache! However, there is no way that I can deallocate the favourite votes from these caches now. Can anybody at Groundspeak advise how I should do this?

Many thanks

Maybe you could temporarily log as a find. Go to the page and "Remove from your favorites" and then delete the find log.

edit (just realized you have already logged the find) so this answer is of no help. sorry. Owner of a cache can not (log and favorite an owned cache) it so "remove" will not work

Edited by MlKE

This is the same issue as logging a cache prior to adopting it. Make a note at the end of the description that you found and favored this cache before adopting it. If you want to remove the vote click on manage favorites on your profile page.

I have been all through that and because the cache was adopted, there are no tools options to remove the vote. This might have to be done by an administrator at Groundspeak maybe?