11-11-11 Suncatcher

CW88

Here is one of the other new samples.

I got it just so I could see what it looked like without any enamels, not intending it to be one to sell. But each time I look at it, I like it even more so might have this as a new regular version (but probably for the second or third round of these coins). The suncatcher also seems to be filled and smooth on both sides, rather than it going in on one side and smooth on the other like I've seen on other suncatchers and my earlier samples. Hopefully it can be done like that on all of them.

nocoloursamp.jpg

I too like the Antique Gold series but may I say this is stunning, by far my favorite version of this coin :)

Very nice! I like the antique gold the best too...

Have you decided on the price for these coins?

The set will be £30 (can be any 3 coins - doesn't have to be one of each), and individual coins will be £11.

And I think about £1.50-£2 per coin will be donated to Help for Heroes.

Does that include shipping? As the others have said the price is a tad steep. I'll have to see when they are available. Thanks

That's without shipping. I need to double check if the French or Swiss post is cheaper, but can let you know next week.

I think I might start getting these made soon as it's easier for me to do them now rather than later in the year - so will probably start contacting people who are on the reservation list and get a rough idea of how many of each version to have made. Or I might set up something in google docs if that's easier.

I'll try and work something out this weekend, and then hopefully can put the order in for them in the next week or so.

I got it just so I could see what it looked like without any enamels, not intending it to be one to sell. But each time I look at it, I like it even more so might have this as a new regular version (but probably for the second or third round of these coins). The suncatcher also seems to be filled and smooth on both sides, rather than it going in on one side and smooth on the other like I've seen on other suncatchers and my earlier samples. Hopefully it can be done like that on all of them.

nocoloursamp.jpg

You could get this done with just an epoxy fill. It would be stunning.

Got the final lot of samples today, and have decided I'll go with antique gold for all the ones in the set.

Here are photos of all the samples of the 3 versions so you can see the differences between them.

Will upload a picture of another one of the samples I got today soon.

0suncatchers.jpg

They look fantastic! Personally I had hoped for a Black Nickel version as I personally like Black Nickel. :)

The set will be £30 (can be any 3 coins - doesn't have to be one of each), and individual coins will be £11.

I think you will have great difficulty in selling many of them at that price. I'm picking it is being in the UK that makes them so pricey. If you were able to arrange an agent in the US then you'd likely be able to get the price right down AND then be able to donate the same or more to the cause you are supporting.

Edited by keewee

nocoloursamp.jpg

You could get this done with just an epoxy fill. It would be stunning.

Yeah!, ...I'd like one of these, look fine.

I like also the antique gold/red, ...and black nickel/blue (seems green).

Edited by manu luq

I think you will have great difficulty in selling many of them at that price. I'm picking it is being in the UK that makes them so pricey. If you were able to arrange an agent in the US then you'd likely be able to get the price right down AND then be able to donate the same or more to the cause you are supporting.

Keewee makes an excellent point. I'm willing to help if it brings the price down.

For now I just want to get an idea of the numbers of each to get made.

On the reservation sheet I have 52 sets and 40 individual coins down, but want to double check which versions people want.

If you change your mind once they're made that's fine but want to make sure I have enough made (but will probably have to get them done in lots of about 100).

Will also try and send each person a message that has reserved too, unless they've already told me which ones they want.

I think I've managed to set up a spreadsheet on google docs now (click here), so people can add which versions they're interested in.

If you don't want to put your information on there you can send me a message through my profile.

Here are photos of the final versions available just now.

The Antique Bronze (without enamels) will be available later (after the first lots are done).

0set.jpg

I should be ordering the first 100 coins soon: 33 sets + 1 Antique Bronze (for now).

Still want to get an idea of numbers for the second lot and have added photos to the reservation page.

So I should start contacting people who were on the reservation list (if they haven't already written on the reservation page) in the next few days to get an idea of which version/s they want.

The first 100 arrived today.

260086_207662269278534_171126189598809_609942_6499707_n.jpg

Will check them all and make sure they're ok, and try and figure out the cheapest place to send them from.

Once I do that I'll start sending out invoices to those I have the email addresses for (from here) - and will contact others on the first reservation sheet to check if people still want them and which versions.

Will check them all and make sure they're ok, and try and figure out the cheapest place to send them from.

Once I do that I'll start sending out invoices to those I have the email addresses for (from here) - and will contact others on the first reservation sheet to check if people still want them and which versions.

I'm looking forward to have them in hands! :D

Checked at the post office and the cheapest shipping I can get for the set is £5 (about $8), and single coins £2.85 (about $4.60).

Starting to send out the first invoices to the people I have email addresses for so I can try and send some out tomorrow.

So if you have reserved any could you try and put your paypal email and versions you want on the google doc list here or send me a message - just to make it a little easier to send invoices. Otherwise I can contact people I have on the first reservation list and check if they're still interested and which versions they want.

260086_207662269278534_171126189598809_609942_6499707_n.jpg

Paid!! and thanks again!

nocoloursamp.jpg

I too like the Antique Gold series but may I say this is stunning, by far my favorite version of this coin :)

This one is the best of the lot. :wub: 'Specially if you make it in antique nickel rather that antique silver.. I would definitely buy one of those.

CF30

Next lot of coins will be sent out this afternoon.

There are just 1 Red/Yellow, 7 Green/Yellow and 9 of the Blue/Yellow left that I haven't sent out invoices for.

Still waiting to hear back from one person about 1 set so it's really just the Green/Yellow and Blue/Yellow that are left - so if you're mainly interested in those please add your info here.

There will be some of the 'naked' versions in the next lot (mostly antique bronze but could try some other antique versions). I ordered one with the first lot to see what it looked like with epoxy, but it's being redone as they forgot the epoxy. So once that arrives I can compare how they look and see what people prefer, and then will order the next 100.

Edited by CW88

Second lot of coins have now been sent out.

Still awaiting payment for a couple of sets so the red/yellow ones aren't available just now - if anyone I've sent invoices to have changed their mind about them let me know.

As there's just a couple of the other 2 versions left I'll probably put them on my online store sometime over the weekend. Will post a message here once they are up.

I'll aim to order the next 100 soon to try and have by the end of July/Middle of August.

Next lot of coins will be sent out this afternoon.

There are just 1 Red/Yellow, 7 Green/Yellow and 9 of the Blue/Yellow left that I haven't sent out invoices for.

Still waiting to hear back from one person about 1 set so it's really just the Green/Yellow and Blue/Yellow that are left - so if you're mainly interested in those please add your info here.

There will be some of the 'naked' versions in the next lot (mostly antique bronze but could try some other antique versions). I ordered one with the first lot to see what it looked like with epoxy, but it's being redone as they forgot the epoxy. So once that arrives I can compare how they look and see what people prefer, and then will order the next 100.

I'd like have one of these 'naked'

My coins arrived today and I'd just like to say that they are absolutely beautiful :wub:

Thank you CW88

ETA - Can I just add that this coin is massive! I only have one other coin, which is about 1.25" diameter. I just assumed they'd all be about the same. This one (well actually these 3 as I bought the set) are 2" and waaaay nicer. Thanks again

Edited by enola05

I got the 'naked' Antique Bronze sample with epoxy today, and will upload some photos a bit later.

It looks good, but I prefer the look and feel of the coin without it, so probably wont have it on the final coins.

And I probably wont have reservations for them as they will be an LE version (not decided on the number yet, but will be less than the other versions) and will list them all on my online store once I get them.

I'll be listing the only trackable naked version I have right now on ebay later - so can post the link to that once it's up.

I'm going to try and order the next lot of coins this week, hopefully to have by the end of August - so if possible can people who I haven't already sent the coins to, add their info on the Google Docs list as it makes it easier to send invoices and figure out the coin numbers.

I know at least a couple of the coins that have been sent haven't arrived yet. The majority of them were sent between the 22nd and 27th of June from France, and mostly by priority mail - so most should have arrived by now.

I did have the same problem with my Something Fishy coins taking ages to arrive (some taking 6-8 weeks even with priority mail) but those all eventually arrived, and have had the same thing happen to a few coins sold on ebay. So I'm hoping the same thing has happened rather than they have gone missing. If they haven't arrived yet and still don't turn up by the time I get the next lot of coins, I guess I'll have to send replacements but hope it doesn't come to that. And if lots do happen to have gone missing I'll have to send all future coins with registered mail. But good to see people like the coins that have arrived so far.

Here are the antique bronze samples with and without epoxy.

The one with the epoxy (left) is much darker and a little too shiny.

newsample2.jpg

I also tried to see how it might look in antique silver and copper using Photoshop.

I'm not sure how accurate they are compared to how they would actually look but hopefully it just gives you an idea.

Would there be any interest in antique silver/copper versions without enamels in addition to the antique bronze?

antiques%20small.jpg

The first antique bronze version is up on ebay.

I'll work out how many of each version to have done tonight and try and order the rest of the coins in the next couple of days.

For the 'naked' versions - I'll do mainly antique bronze (maybe a few with epoxy) and maybe 5-10 of the silver and copper (to start with anyway - could always get more if they turn out ok).

I will admit I did not read this entire thread. I am interested in just one coin not a set, do not care what style.

Are these coins still available, how much are they. Also are they being shipped to the US?

Individual coins are £11 and £2.85 shipping worldwide. And the sets are £30 with £5 shipping.

They are still available but I'm down to the last couple of odd coins from the first 100 that weren't sold in sets - those are either up on ebay just now or I think there is one more green/yellow in my online store.

If you don't get any of those I'm about to order another lot soon which I'm hoping to have towards the end of August.

I will admit I did not read this entire thread. I am interested in just one coin not a set, do not care what style.

Are these coins still available, how much are they. Also are they being shipped to the US?

Individual coins are £11 and £2.85 shipping worldwide. And the sets are £30 with £5 shipping.

They are still available but I'm down to the last couple of odd coins from the first 100 that weren't sold in sets - those are either up on ebay just now or I think there is one more green/yellow in my online store.

If you don't get any of those I'm about to order another lot soon which I'm hoping to have towards the end of August.

End of August would be way better for me. I will keep an eye on the thread and if I collect the extra $$ sooner I will buy then .

Are you taking reservations here?

I would like to reserve 3 coins:

One naked antique bronze with epoxy

One naked antique bronze without epoxy

One green/yellow

I put in a bid on the eBay auction, but missed the end of the auction. :cry:

I was born on November 11th, so I must have some of these!

Edited by sdkonkle