11-11-11 Suncatcher

CW88

I'm still taking reservations for now but may limit reservations at 150-200 coins. And I think rather than having fixed numbers for each version, I'll get whatever versions people want made for those who have reserved coins.

The red/yellow I'll keep as it is, but I'm working on a few small changes for the other versions and will get a few more samples done. So will post pictures of those once I get them which may be a little while.

They wont go on sale till August/September as Keewee said, and will aim to have one or two other coins done before that.

I started working on the coin quite early and getting the samples as I liked my design and wanted to see how it would look.

Around July I'll probably contact everyone that has reserved to check which versions they wanted - and maybe set up some pre-sales if people who are on the second reservations list want to get the coins sooner. Then can send out paypal invoices, and if there are extras left I'll sell them through my online store.

They wont go on sale till August/September as Keewee said, and will aim to have one or two other coins done before that.

I started working on the coin quite early and getting the samples as I liked my design and wanted to see how it would look.

Around July I'll probably contact everyone that has reserved to check which versions they wanted - and maybe set up some pre-sales if people who are on the second reservations list want to get the coins sooner. Then can send out paypal invoices, and if there are extras left I'll sell them through my online store.

Ok, I will change my plan for July, I'll be waiting :drama:

IS it to late to put me on the list for one red/yellow?

Great design!

Still taking reservations for now so have you on the list - I'm going to limit reservations at 200 for now.

Right now there are 168 reserved so still quite a lot left if people want to reserve any.

175 reserved now.

I think the set will be £30 (£10 each), and individually they'll probably be about £12.

And around £1-£2 from each coin will go to Help for Heroes.

There will also be 1-3 secret LE versions (5-10 coins each) which will be auction only, with a higher amount from those going to Help for Heroes.

And I'll let people know on here and on facebook, when those are eventually put up.

175 reserved now.

I think the set will be £30 (£10 each), and individually they'll probably be about £12.

There will also be 1-3 secret LE versions (5-10 coins each) which will be auction only, with a higher amount from those going to Help for Heroes.

And I'll let people know on here and on facebook, when those are eventually put up.

So $16 each as a set or $19.00 each individually? --- does that include shipping or without?

175 reserved now.

At that price you may loose quite a bit of interest. I strongly suggest you work with someone in the US to sell them as it will probably save money all around - for you and for those buying. Plus, the large majority of your customers are probably there.

That's not with postage - would need to work that out but will keep it as low as possible.

The price may put some people off, but lots of coins I have bought are around that price plus part of it is going to charity, so don't think it's overly expensive.

If anyone isn't interested at that price and wants to change their reservations they can send me a message, and any leftovers I'll put on my online store.

175 reserved now.

At that price you may loose quite a bit of interest. I strongly suggest you work with someone in the US to sell them as it will probably save money all around - for you and for those buying. Plus, the large majority of your customers are probably there.

Yes it is pricey especially adding postage to that. KeeWee's idea to have someone in the US take care of sales here is a great idea IMHO. Save money all around and still have some money for the charity. Heck I might even help for the price of a few coins! LOL

I am wondering why the price for this coin has to be so high. When I think of a high production & shipping price of £5,- (€5,80/$8,00) for the coin, plus 1-2 GBP for charity, where is the rest of the money going to? It means that you would get 3 to 4 pounds per set-coin and 5 to 6 pounds per single coin.

Would you be willing to reconsidder the price? You are saying you have been paying this price for coins regularly but I buy them normaly for 8-10 US dollars = 5-6,25 GB pound.

I would like to buy 3 coins. My WWII vet uncle died in Dec at age 91 and this will be the first Rememberance Day that we haven't had him here with us. I would like one for myself, his daughter, and his sister in law. If they have to go in sets of 4, I would like a set. TY.

Got the new samples today :) .

These are the updated Blue/Yellow and Green/Yellow versions in the set.

Blueyellow.jpg

Blue/Yellow

greenyellowsmll.jpg

Green/Yellow

Might have one more lot of samples done and try these with antique silver to bring the colours out better.

Added all recent people to reservations list.

I was going to limit reservations at 200, but since there is still interest in them I'll continue reservations and probably get them minted in lots of 100 (for as long as I can afford to - but probably at least 300). And rather than do set numbers of each version I'll let people choose which ones from the set they want - so can double check that with people before I order them.

I've just listed one of the sample coins on ebay to help cover some of the costs of more samples.

The version being sold was one of the first AE samples, but it wont be one of the final versions that'll be made as I decided to change it a bit.

Not sure if I can give a link since it's not trackable, but should be easy to find.

I would like to buy 3 coins. My WWII vet uncle died in Dec at age 91 and this will be the first Rememberance Day that we haven't had him here with us. I would like one for myself, his daughter, and his sister in law. If they have to go in sets of 4, I would like a set. TY.

These are gorgeous, but a little more pricey than I was expection. Please put me down for a Red/Yellow version. Thanks.

Got the final lot of samples today, and have decided I'll go with antique gold for all the ones in the set.

Here are photos of all the samples of the 3 versions so you can see the differences between them.

Will upload a picture of another one of the samples I got today soon.

0suncatchers.jpg

Here is one of the other new samples.

I got it just so I could see what it looked like without any enamels, not intending it to be one to sell. But each time I look at it, I like it even more so might have this as a new regular version (but probably for the second or third round of these coins). The suncatcher also seems to be filled and smooth on both sides, rather than it going in on one side and smooth on the other like I've seen on other suncatchers and my earlier samples. Hopefully it can be done like that on all of them.

nocoloursamp.jpg

Very nice! I like the antique gold the best too...

Have you decided on the price for these coins?

The set will be £30 (can be any 3 coins - doesn't have to be one of each), and individual coins will be £11.

And I think about £1.50-£2 per coin will be donated to Help for Heroes.