About Where's George bills

brawdy

So today I captured a Where's George bill from a local cache (here in Oregon). When I went out to wheresgeorge.com to log it, I discovered there'd only ever been one other log entry for it, way back in May down in San Diego. I was sort of bummed that I could not get an accurate list of where he's been.

When you all find a George, do you log him on the wheresgeorge site?

It never does to leave a live Dragon out of the equation.

First off, it's better to see a picture of Rubbertoe on the post above. I was having nightmares of that evil looking toe with the face on it! :-)

Actually when I find where's george bills I spend them. Mainly because some people on wheres george are a little anal and have fits if people send the bills from cache to cache.

You think people are competitive here you should try wheres' george!

I think every group has a few people in it that really don't fit anywhere else in sociaty.

I have been Georging since Feb of this year. I now rank 6th in Nebraska. Even with this rank, only 10% of my bills have been hit. Most bills you will come across will only have the one hit on them.

I have never thought about placing a bill that I haddn't started. I need to think about that. I tend to leave crisp $2 bills. For the record, I have had several bills taken from cach's and have yet to recieve a hit off them.

As a result of some of the "Anal" Georgers I learned about this hobby and my son and I have found they go well together. I guess we can take something positive from the idiots of this world.

As far as to what you do with that marked bill. It's totally up to you. I personally enter the bills. I hav e yet to carry a bill from one ammo box to another, but that's just me.

I do have to add that it is a kick in the pants to see where these thinks end up. BTW, I paid for my Magellan Gold with marked bills. Told you they go together!

Happy hunting!

I've found one Georged bill and when I went to register it, the site said it had never before been registered. I've registered several more bills and left them in caches and spent a few of them as well. In three months not one hit has been recorded.

BTW, I've tried the bookcrossing thing and haven't gotten any hits there either.

I've been georging now for a couple years. It's kinda fun, I've really only logged about $50 in bills, though. I've had hits on at least 15 of them, mostly not from caches, though.

I've placed probably 3 or 4 in caches, and if that bothers the wheresgeorge folks, then I guess I don't care much, since I'm a georger, and it doesn't bother me. Two of the bills I've left in caches got hit, then I think they were circulated from there.

I've only found a wheresgeorge dollar in a cache, um... never, now that I think about it! I found a $2 in a cache, and so I made it a wheresgeorge dollar since it wasn't yet.

My most interesting hit was on This bill and it also proves that my money is out there having more fun than I am.

I found a Where's George bill in a cache yesterday (actually, half a bill). I was wondering how to log its location. I know WG? asks you to log it as being where you are at the moment you are logging, but it occurs to me that GC/WG?s maybe should be logged to the places they're found or dropped off. Which do people do? To me, it seems logging it as the dropoff point most closely parallels Travel Bugs.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

I log my WG$ using my home location, but if I found it elsewhere, I'd just mention it in the text.

It's funny how things work. I've Georged maybe a hundred $ worth of bills and have another hundred or so that I'm "watching". Most bills are never heard from again, but I have several that keep being

logged...3,4 & 5 hits each and I don't mean Geocache bills.

"Men don't stop playing because they get old, they get old because they stop playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes