First cache this weekend

thethompsontribe

Also, look on the cache page to see what size it is : For most beginners it's easier to find the caches listed as small, or larger, rather than the micro caches which go from film pot size down to a tiny cylinder half an inch long.

Take some small swap items with you in case your daughter wants to take an item from the cache but don't stress the idea of "finding treasure" too much - It's more about the walk, having fun, the hunt and (hopefully) finding the hidden container rather than what's in the box!

Hope you are successful. :)

MrsB

she is already shortlisting some items for swaps and she is getting a box ready to keep her found items in. we enjoy the great outdoors a lot anyway with camping and walking so it just adds a bit more fun for her as well as me.

Two axioms I live by as a daddy;

#1 Kids learn more about themselves, the world and God when we take them outside.

#2 If we spend our time with them they will spend their time with us.

Happy caching

i actually cheated and didn't wait till the weekend, myself and a friend set off yesterday on our first hunt and within an hour we had the cache in our exited little hands. I have got her into it now and she also signed up and is checking the maps for nearby caches. I am setting out very early this morning as a new cache was placed not too far away only 2 days ago and i want to be the first to sign the log. oh lord what have you turned me into.

I am setting out very early this morning as a new cache was placed not too far away only 2 days ago and i want to be the first to sign the log. oh lord what have you turned me into.

Wow, in my neck of the woods you got an hour tops (less then 15 minutes on afternoons/weekends) to get FTF, the only exception is if it posts very late at night... then you got till 7/8am.

I am setting out very early this morning as a new cache was placed not too far away only 2 days ago and i want to be the first to sign the log. oh lord what have you turned me into.

Wow, in my neck of the woods you got an hour tops (less then 15 minutes on afternoons/weekends) to get FTF, the only exception is if it posts very late at night... then you got till 7/8am.

In my neck of the woods I've seen caches remain unfound for a week, even one that is easily accessible in a strip mall parking lot.

I downloaded c geo to my droid x and tried it today. Out of 7 I was only able to find 1. When I got home and checked the map, I was off by about 50 yards on at least half of the caches. User error maybe? Don't know but I am waiting for my Garmin GPSMap csx to come in the mail and will stick to that. I'll use my phone to call people when I get lost.