Unable to upload picture of T.B.

zig29

When I am at the upload image screen and I click to upload image it tries for a while then it comes up with a Page cannot be displayed screen. Is anyone else having this problem when trying to upload an image of their travelbugs?

I have this with pictures on cache pages also.

Zig29 and the Boyz

[This message was edited by zig29 on May 10, 2003 at 05:11 PM.]

Check your file size. I think the standard 100k limit applies. I use software to resize my .jpg files down until I hit 97 to 98k in size. If you break the limit, all sorts of strange things happen including sometimes rejections of your file for no given reasons. (In some cases it warns you but not always.)

icon_eek.gif

SA / PP-ASEL-I

quote:
Originally posted by BeOnTheLookOut:

You should try making the pictures alittle smaller so that they upload faster. You may be loosing connection during the transfer. Even a small glitch in connection can disrupt the upload.

I have tried a 512MB picture and it does the same thing. I've e-mailed Groundspeak and they refered me to the FAQ's. Wow what a help....

Zig29 and the Boyz

ZIG29, try reducing the file down to about 80-85k, I've done a few myself at 95k and with the text it won't take. Trial and error, is the only way???. Recently, I just reduce to approx. 80-85k as a standard, and have no problem - I also use dial-up-chuck!!, better days are comming for high speed. Strikeforce1 icon_cool.gif

Ok, unless you mistyped something, that file is HUGE.

quote:
I have tried a 512MB picture and it does the same thing. I've e-mailed Groundspeak and they refered me to the FAQ's. Wow what a help....

They assume you know something about digital imaging.

The file size limit is 100k

512mb is 512,000k

I'd guess you're working with a .bmp or .gif at the file size you're talking about. Load the picture into whatever you saved it from originally and maybe you can convert it to a .jpg format. A jpeg is a compressed image format. You're probably going to have to read documentation to learn how to use some of the software you hopefully already have to find out how to do this. Digital camera and better graphics manipulation software packages usually have a means to do this.

SA / PP-ASEL-I