Multiple TBs in one cache (to start)

BowerBunch

My family has an idea for a TB that we would like to start on it's way. However, we would like to start 4 TBs on the same TYPE of trip but to different destinations. Is there any reason why putting 4 TBs in the same cache to start them off is a bad thing? Or is that ok to do?

(We're new at this and these are our first TBs.)

TIA

bowerbunch

Actually, I think many people have done this... particularly when having a "race" between several bugs. The only thing I would be worried about, is if the cache gets looted - you are out 4 new travel bugs.

I'd probably find 4 caches in the area that were fairly close to each other, and distribute one bug to each of them... that's just me though. icon_smile.gif

toe.gif

Click the Toe...  and please stop confusing your opinion with fact, ok?

Actually, I think many people have done this... particularly when having a "race" between several bugs. The only thing I would be worried about, is if the cache gets looted - you are out 4 new travel bugs.

I'd probably find 4 caches in the area that were fairly close to each other, and distribute one bug to each of them... that's just me though. icon_smile.gif

toe.gif

Click the Toe...  and please stop confusing your opinion with fact, ok?

It's the fear of looting that led me to recently place all five of my Bad Ducks into separate caches. Once they make it far enough away, I'll release their mom.

Plus it gave me a reason to hit four new caches, and check on one of mine.

If you do decide to hide them all in one cache, I'd either choose one that's only a day or two old, because that generally means a lot of finders will get them quickly, or in a cache that has been out there for more than six months, because that generally means it's well hidden and is less likely to get looted.

You've got so many caches around you that you haven't found yet... I'd make a day out of it, and plant them one by one.

"Why don't you just ask somebody?"

"No, no. I've got a map. Don't worry about that."

I started four in the same cache.

They all had differnt ways to go, but I thought it would be fun. I had one that wanted to go north, south, east and west. They all made it out and are on there way.

But I do see the others points, about taking the risk of losing four bugs if the cache get taken or something happens to it.

Teddy P

I just started my first Formula 1 Travel Bug race by placing both bugs in the same cache. I put them in the same cache to not give one bug an advantage over the other. If it wasn't a race I probably would have put them in seperate, but nearby, caches.

The cache I picked is visited frequently so I didn't worry about them sitting around for a long time and/or getting looted. The only downside was that the same person took both bugs... icon_frown.gif

I just started my first Formula 1 Travel Bug race by placing both bugs in the same cache. I put them in the same cache to not give one bug an advantage over the other. If it wasn't a race I probably would have put them in seperate, but nearby, caches.

The cache I picked is visited frequently so I didn't worry about them sitting around for a long time and/or getting looted. The only downside was that the same person took both bugs... icon_frown.gif

I don't have a problem with it. I've come across several caches with multiple bugs. I grab one of the bugs and help it along, leaving the rest for others to find.

This is in contrast to a local cacher who is collecting bugs for a repeatedly promised new cache that will supposedly be full of bugs. The problem is that he's held several bugs for months and there is no sign of the cache. If that cache ever gets posted, I'll run out and see how many of these bugs I can rescue and get them moving even if it means revisiting caches I've already found.

Now where did I park my car??????? monkes.gif