Question on Garmin GPSmap 62s: Interface Mode

my62s

From my 62s' Setup -> System --> Interface, I see "Garmin Spanner". If I choose this mode, when I plug my car power adapter to the 62s, the 62s is turned on automatically prompting me: Do you want to go to USB Mass Storage Mode, and I can select NO, and then the 62s goes to display map as I want.

Question: How do I default to "No, I do NOT want USB Mass Storage Mode"? In other words, once I start my car with the 62s connected to car power adapter via the mini-USB port, the 62s automatically goes to display map, without asking if I want USB Mass Storage Mode or not?

Something I thought shall be simple to set, but I couldn't find out how!:-)

Thanks!

Answer, as far as I know you can't. If you use a standard car-to-usb adapter along with a mini-USB to USB cable it will always ask you that question. The unit can recognize the difference in a standard cable vs their official car adapter cable. I think if you are annoyed by the units questioning you should buy a car adapter cable. There may be other ways around this but none that really initiate me to action because 1) I'm not that annoyed by the question when I do use the mini to USB cable and 2) I have an official Garmin car adapter (when I don't forget where it is).

Hi yogazoo, thanks for your reply. In my case, I am using an official Garmin car power adapter (which came with my Garmin etrex Legent HCx, by the way), but it still asks me the same question every time this 62s is powered on while connected to this car power adapter which is like this one:

140.jpg

Edited by my62s

Sorry, they're different part numbers with different configurations. The Legend car power adapter is configured differently than the Oregon/62/Colorado/Dakota adapter. Below are the links to the Garmin pages describing each cable. The list of compatible products under each cable is completely different. Buy one of the new ones or answer "NO" each time you power up. Like I said before, there are probably hacks to wire the USB cable differently but re-wire at your own risk. :)

Legend HCx: Part# 010-10563-01

Oregon/Dakota/Colorado/62: Part# 010-10851-11

Thank you again yogazoo! I think I got you this time!:-), I mean, different (or newer) model GPS unit requires a different model car power adapter for the unit to 'trick' into thinking that the adapter is a power adapter, no more no less!:-)

Thank you again!