Indian Inlay

AtwellFamily

So I have been traveling to Arizona a lot for work and I have a number of ideas that will have the southwest flare. This is the first and I was looking for which color choice people like the most and if there was a plating they wanted.

I will be doing a shinny silver version of any color combination that is done.

Please let me know that you think of the design and if you have a preference on colors. I also plan to do some opaque version even though these all show as transparent.

Coin%20Front%20v2%20adjustedl.jpgCoin%20Back%204l.jpg

examp%201l.jpgexamp%201bl.jpg

examp%203l.jpgexamp%203bl.jpg

examp%202l.jpgexamp%202bl.jpg

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Most Natives use Silver or copper to make their jewelry and often the stones or inlays are turquoise(blue or green varieties), coral(of the red or deep orange red variety and jet or black onyx. Purple is relatively new to their usage and does not truly portray Native American or Southwest art.

Also they use earth colors like sand and clay and the colors of hides and plants.

That being said, I really like the turquoise one.

Edited by CCWashburn

So I have been traveling to Arizona a lot for work and I have a number of ideas that will have the southwest flare. This is the first and I was looking for which color choice people like the most and if there was a plating they wanted.

I will be doing a shinny silver version of any color combination that is done.

Please let me know that you think of the design and if you have a preference on colors. I also plan to do some opaque version even though these all show as transparent.

We like this one, but honestly they all look great!

The only one i don't like is the purple. Just doesn't fit with the colors you see in most Native American art.

The red with turquoise seems off balance from the rest. The color combo is great but each side of the coin is off balanced. too much tuquoise one side and not enough on the other.

All of them will look great in both ant copper and ant silver.

Coin%20Front%20v2%20adjustedl.jpgCoin%20Back%204l.jpg

These are my favorite. They seem to compliment the natural tones of the Arizona landscape and their people, but they all seem to be quite lovely. I love your design too:)

This one is cool. Looks like this:

zuni-inlay-bolo.jpg

Edit: Oops, sorry didn't read the thread all the way through and still thought you were looking at colors... my bad.

Edited by avroair