Help me to find my TB

Fambie

I'd bet, based on the TB page, that HOCKEY season has cut into caching time... I remember that as a killer of Scouting as well... just like summer vacation. Of course the weather over there has been iffy this year as well... assuming the last holder still has it... but they look conscientious... I'd try an email through profile to start with... friendly style.

Doug 7rxc (thanks VP for linking it)

I'd bet, based on the TB page, that HOCKEY season has cut into caching time... I remember that as a killer of Scouting as well... just like summer vacation. Of course the weather over there has been iffy this year as well... assuming the last holder still has it... but they look conscientious... I'd try an email through profile to start with... friendly style.

Doug 7rxc (thanks VP for linking it)

i have send him an email, but he dont answer.

Edited by Fambie

I looked around his profile and tried to send one through to see if he responds.

There seems to be several routes... perhaps one isn't his primary email.

Seems to have been ON quite recently... and to cache with conscience...

We'll see what happens... Anybody reading know this chap from the Comox area?

Doug 7rxc

The best you can do is send a polite email asking for the holder to get your TB out again and hope for the best. You can also try to contact a local event organizer if the TB holder appears to attend events from their stats. Once you send a traveler out there, you can just sit back and watch it travel.

As for a couple of the responders, please remember our forum guidelines when posting, some cachers are new, English might not be their mother language and posting might not be as easy for some as it is for others. It is good to provide help, but do so in a respectful manner.

Here are some things to keep in mind when posting:

1. Forum courtesy: Please treat Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, [bfellow community members[\b], and guests on these boards with courtesy and respect. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they should be treated fairly.

Thank you.

As of a few seconds ago, I have not had a reply to my email to the last known holder (current listing).

I still suspect that cacheing has taken a back seat to other winter pastimes... although they have been on the GC site.

Perhaps there is a small email glitch... I tried the email address that was listed on the profile page rather than the anonymous route through the profile... there is also a contact available through the listed website which I have not tried. The website link is not working for me, but the URL on the page does work when entered directly into my browser.

I think that they were attempting to do a minor repair from the logs before releasing it, and taking it to visit local caches while that was in progress. I'm not sure they are aware that the item is in a RACE... So I mentioned that aspect.

Still it is a TB and subject to the vagaries of TB life... as are they.

I'll let you know if I get any response... but I'm on the other side and south of BC.

Doug 7rxc